“Perfect for short breaks and longer stays”
other travelers have booked this property
Our dog kennel is available for your use to leave your dog unattended
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Our dog kennel is available for your use to leave your dog unattended
What ever the season Dartmoor is spectacular
Come and enjoy a lovely sunset.
Beautiful evening and amazing mornings
bath
level entrance to cottage.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Experienc...
“Avoid - there are better places!”
Reviewed July 11, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is a nickel and dime outfit, misrepresented on Trip Advisor and customer service is missing from their vocabulary. After my final payment I was supposed to receive an email indicating the combination for the car entrance gate and a list of the extra charges. I didn’t get it. When I went to the office it was as if it was my fault I didn’t have the combination to get in. When I moved in, I noticed how cold it was. Early June, 2017 in England was cold and rainy. I looked around to find out how to turn the heat on. No heat control in the cottage so I went to the office. I was informed that they turn the heat off in June. The woman told me, reluctantly I thought and not very optimistically, she would see what could be done. A little heat came on, it helped. The next morning it was cold and I went back to the office. The woman suggested I put more clothes on – good idea but getting out of a shower was not fun. I also found out that if I wanted towels they were extra. The heat eventually came on in the morning (not early) for a while and again in the evening – barely adequate. You will notice “WIFI small charge” – not small at all and didn’t work so well. In Tavistock, there are a number of places (coffee shop, pub, restaurant) offering free WIFI – it worked better too. I have been in England for a month each of the last three years and this was the first self-catering place that did not offer free WIFI. However, what was misrepresented was in the “Amenities”. It listed “Washer” “Dryer”. There was no washer or dryer in the cottage. They were located in a little store nearby that also served a large caravan park and some other cottages. One washer, one dryer and coin operated. If they mentioned WIFI at a small charge, why not the washer and dryer cost and mention the washer and dryer were not in the cottage. Note to TA – check out my other 2 places this trip – you will see I am not a complainer.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 13, 2017
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will update our information with your suggestions regarding the Laundrette as we try to give as clear information as possible. I am unsure why you did not receive your email detailing all the information on how to arrive. I appreciate your comments regarding the heating. Unfortunately the heating is on a thermostat and the warm weather automatically turns off the heating which was overridden at your immediate request. We will take your comments on board and update our information accordingly. We would also comment that we have only ever received high ratings on all our cottages so we are very disappointed that you were unhappy. We have operated our cottages for over 25 years and can assure you customer service is of major importance to us. Your comments will be taken onboard. Thank you.
MrandMrsS...
Somerset
“Perfect for short breaks and longer stays”
Reviewed January 31, 2017 for a stay in September 2016

We have stayed at Higher Longford several times and found Ash (as with all the other cottages) to be well equipped and comfortable - the large walk in shower was an added bonus. This cottage is perfect for 2 people and great for those with dogs as it has its own enclosed garden. Higher Longford is great for a short break or a longer stay and is ideally located on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
claireh40...
Sligo, Ireland
“excellent”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The staff are excellent and extremely nice. We stayed in the Ash Cottage and it was perfect for me my partner and a baby.

The cottage and the grounds are really tidy and well kept.

You do need a car to get into town if your not big on walking only a five minute drive.

Would recommend this place

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: private gardens with the cottages
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Jul 23, 2014
Glad you had a lovely time. Many thanks. Hope to see you again. Michelle
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing