“I was going to write a review, but I thought it would be a bit cheesy... **groan**” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Cheeses

Country Cheeses
Ranked #2 of 5 Shopping in Tavistock
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

It sells cheese, and there's a lot of girls in there trying to flog you cheese. I made an off colour remark/joke about a particular picture of cheese in the store. The staff were polite enough to titter nervously, even though in most cases I would've expected to be asked to leave the premises.

I exploited the chance of "tasting" as much cheese as possible in the pretence of buying some. I can definitely confirm that they do proper cheese. I ate quite a bit before I bůggered off without buying anything.

All in all this is a sweet little shop with some helpful staff. The prices are reasonable, but if you're short for cash and you fancy a free snack, you can chore a "taster" from the obliging young ladies in the store.

7 Thank James I

Plymouth, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Could spend all day here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent selection of cheese, all local. Staff knowledgeable and you can try before you buy.
Can't fault it.

8 Thank 460kathyg
Devon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Mmmmmm cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

these girls know their cheese! The mustard and ale one is delicious! Once we'd eaten it all (less than 2 days) I felt a genuine sense of loss. Dark times :(

Visited September 2012
9 Thank SKitsune
Aulnay, France
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

A good and varied selection of cheeses. You could try a sample of any of them and we returned twice in five days spending £30 each time.

Visited September 2012
7 Thank lesley s
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Cheese Lovers Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you like cheese then you will love this. Keep an eye out for their bi-annual cheese fair usually held in August at the Tavistock Town Hall.

Visited October 2012