“Good food, good service”
Review of Thariks Tandoori

Thariks Tandoori
Ranked #18 of 67 Restaurants in Tavistock
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thariks is a beautiful Indian restaurant situated at the top of West Street in Tavistock, Devon. With a wide selection of Indian dishes available to suit both the timid and the very brave taste buds.If you are looking for a relaxed setting to sit down and enjoy a meal then look no further than Thariks. Decorated with clean colours, gentle music in the background and soft lighting all help to enhance your dining experience. There is also a room upstairs which is ideal if you wish to have a quiet meal together or if you have a large group.Also, should you wish to enjoy the Indian experience at home then Thariks is also perfect for its Takeaways. You can either order over the phone or order in the restaurant, there is a nice corner table with some light reading on while you wait for your order.
Okehampton, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Title of review says it all really. The staff were very helpful in describing dome of the less familiar dishes on the menu, and even went so far as to create a unique curry for one of our party with a combination of allergies and dietry restrictions.

• Visited August 2013

“Another great night at Tharik's.....”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Quite a regular at Thariks and decided to go out for a birthday meal. I was greeted by the cheery Manager Ron Hoque and shown to a table and he enquired about what i had been up to in the last month or so since I had been in which was a nice touch. He asked if I wanted our usual but when I explained that it was my Birthday he said he would have a word with the chef and do a special meal for me and my partner. OMG some of the food was absolutely sensational, King prawns, mixed meat curries and beautiful side dishes just left us delighted. I really can't recommend this place enough and Ronny has a knack for making you feel like a King and your guests feeling like VIP's. The Naan breads are still the best I have had in the UK and I have been to over 100 Indian restaurants.

Calstock, null, United Kingdom
“Thariks Indian Restaurant, Tavistock”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ive been going to Thariks now for over 15 years and it is the best Indian Restaurant in the South West, if not the UK. They are fantastically friendly and helpful. I dont eat onions and every time Ronnie, the Proprietor, always remembers this. The ambience is excellent. It is very reasonably priced and the food is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and will confirm that you will never have a bad experience here.

Ermington, United Kingdom
“Perfect way to end a great night out !”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Heres the thing, last month i was in Falmouth for a gig and end up at the god awful Balti curries for the worst Indian meal i have ever tasted, fast forward to last night, when once again i am out for a gig , this time in Tavistock so we find Thariks Tandoori its 23.15 and the place was empty .
In we walk , and well i guess the staff were wanting an early night,
we were seated and served quickly , with drinks and popadums,
I told our server about Falti Curries and he laughed saying "we are not as bad as that "
In deed they were not , infact they were brilliant , food was fabulous as was the chap serving us , very professional and he actually seemed to care that we enjoyed our food, we did !
Same order as usual , house special biriani, and chicken tikka massala, Keema nans ect,
Plates were left completely empty apart from a small amount of rice,
We left very contented and happy knowing we will use Thariks again when we come to Tavistock,
Well done to all for a great end to a great night out !

Newbridge, United Kingdom
“Take out for 9”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Faultless friendly service with food that was very good and reasonably priced, it was also ready to be picked up at the agreed time which is always an added bonus. I would definitely recommend a visit if in the area.