“More than a B&B”

Ranked #2 of 25 Tavistock B&B and Inns
Devizes, England, United Kingdom
“More than a B&B”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed here as my mother was ill and only have a 1 bedroomed flat. Tony couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. My room , which encompassed the garden was spectacular. Clean, comforfftable bed and the shower was amazing. I have stayed in 5* hotels that no way matched up to this B&B. It had everything I could wish for including wi fi and an i pod station. Breakfast was really tasteful and my poached eggs were suberb Tony, thanks.
I would recommemnd this to anyone thinking off staying on Dartmoor as it has everything on the doorstep. Tony couldn't have been more understanding as I had to stay another night and he went out of his way to make sure I stayed in the same room. Just ...... what more can I say 5* accomodation with the personal touch and everything I needed was catered for. I am disabled but found this wasn't a problem at all. So a big Thank You Tony x

Room Tip: Rockmount has two downstairs rooms if stairs are difficult, parking was easy and plentyful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Amsterdam
Reviewed June 21, 2013

When I read the reviews on Tripadvisor about this place I was a little suspicious, because it seemed like an ideal B&B and I couldn't believe there was nothing to improve so I had my doubts. Eventually we booked it and stayed there 3 nights and it turned out to be the ideal place indeed! Clean, comfortable, top facilities and all very tasteful. Tony seems to know exactly what his guests appreciate and without being overtly present he is there for you when you need him. This level should be the reference for top B&B acommodations and if more of these B&B's are around I would like to know where they are so I would never book in a hotel anymore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stay here every six weeks normally for 3-4 nights. Everything is on your doorstep and this standard should be the norm across the country sadly Rockmount is not duplicated elsewhere. Nothing is too much trouble, free wifi and good wifi at that, parking quality rooms. Why go elsewhere, Tony is only too happy to make your stay perfect!!

• Stayed June 2013
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Rockmount was lovely. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Tony, the owner, who was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was immaculate and spotless, and was cleaned every day of our 3 night stay. There was a good selection for breakfast, and the cooked breakfast was lovely. It is in a good location, being only a couple of minutes walk from the centre of Tavistock. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Rockmount to anyone and would definitely stay there again. I would also recommend Taylors Restaurant, where we had a lovely meal, and the Cornish Arms Pub. To sum up the Rockmount is a fabulous B&B, and a big thank you to Tony and his staff, who made us feel very welcome during our stay there.

• Stayed May 2013
torquay
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found the B&B via the internet, which looked good. When we got there it surpassed our expectations. Immaculately clean, various luxury items, such as the heated bathroom mirror, coffee maker, ipod station and remote lighting. It was perfect balance of friendliness and privacy. Breakfast was superb and lovely to have in your room overlooking the garden with the sun shining.

We would recommend anyone to stay there.

Mr & Mrs Armstrong

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank meg a
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A warm welcome from the owner was only the beginning of a great stay. Top quality fittings, fluffy towels and top quality bedding. Spotless bathroom with good toiletries.The attention to detail is what makes it stand out from the crowd! A quality coffee machine, electric lighting controls, Ipod dock. Access to quiet graden too- a bonus.
Great breakfast served in the room. Again good quality, hot food - no plastic sausages or rubber toast! Quality linen and tableware too.
Large parking area and 5 mins walk to centre of Tavistock.
Beats many so called 5 star hotels! Highly recommend it and will return.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were light and airy. Stayed in the corner room which had view of garden.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cornwall
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked this B&B after reading the excellent reviews on here, and was not disappointed!
We stayed in room 1 for two nights over the early May bank holiday.
Wonderful decor, amazing en-suite, spotlessly clean. Lots of little extras that make it so very special including a Tassimo coffee machine, remote control for the lights, toiletries in the en-suite, and even slippers!
Breakfast served in the room at a pre-arranged time - well cooked quality food, nice and hot and precisely on time!
Situated very close to the centre of lovely Tavistock.
Would recommend staying here 100% , cannot praise it highly enough - we will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavistock
Tavistock House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Tavistock
Lewtrenchard Manor
Lewtrenchard Manor
#1 of 1 in Lewdown

Been to Rockmount? Share your experiences!