“Marvellous place, great location, lovely lady!”
Review of Rockmount

and 1 more site!
Rockmount
Ranked #2 of 25 Tavistock B&B and Inns
“Marvellous place, great location, lovely lady!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Excellent b and b, better than the local hotels in terms of quality of room fittings, general feel. Lady in charge was lovely and provided breakfast in room at any time requested. Great service highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This was a perfect place to stay during our 4 days in Tavistock. From the friendly welcome by Tony on arrival and thereafter by Lizzie until departure we could not have asked for more. The room was beautifully and stylishly decorated, extremely comfortable and peaceful. Breakfast, served at a time of your choice, was served with a warm greeting and was delicious and perfectly presented. It was very relaxing having breakfast in your room looking out onto the garden and surrounding view. Attention to detail to cover all your needs was clearly apparent in the room and en-suite. Would not hesitate to book again when next in the area. Perfect!

Room Tip: All rooms were of a very high standard, the only difference being the size of the en-suite. All room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at the Rockmount for a long weekend in December on the recommendation of my employer. I have to say, that even though I was expecting a lovely stay - everything about this lovely B&B exceeded my expectations!

The rooms were off such a high quality...gorgeous fixtures and fittings, lovely linens on the bed...far better than some 4/5 star hotels that I've stayed in! Tony, the gentleman who runs/owns the place was exceptionally charming (in a warm and genuine way). Nothing was too much trouble for him...It's far to say he gave his time and advice on the local area graciously. You can tell this is a man who takes great pleasure in what he does for a living...

I would highly recommend this small, yet exceptionally good B&B to anyone visiting the Tavistock area. I will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This was such a lovely place to stay, thank you to Lizzie for taking such good care of me. I went to Tavistock on business and I didn't have a clue about where I was going. When I arrived Lizzie came out to meet me and showed me around my luxurious room. She looked after me so well and went out of her way to make me feel comfortable, she even went as far as to walk with me to the supermarket in order for me to get something to eat. Lizzie also picked up some special cereal because I am allergic to wheat and other random things! The hotel was extremely clean, homely and fitted with classic and modern quality furnishings and fittings. I couldn't reccomend this B & B enough. Nic x

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Very comfortable, warm, stylish room with fabulously huge windows looking out over the town, facilities covered all my requirements for an overnight business trip - great use of space and lovely bathroom facilities. Easy accessibility to the town centre (by foot) including a good quality restaurant for my evening meal after arrival. The breakfast was of good quality, plenty of tea and coffee options. Like the nexpresso coffee machine in my room. Very polite and friendly staff. Only negative comments, is it took me a while to work out how to make the blinds stay up when I wanted to let the sunshine in at breakfast. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend. Good value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

A great B and B, beautiful room and brilliant service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Lovely room, great food and service - highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavistock
Tavistock House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Tavistock
Lewtrenchard Manor
Lewtrenchard Manor
#1 of 1 in Lewdown

Been to Rockmount? Share your experiences!