“Great Cake!”
Review of Cafe Liaison

Cafe Liaison
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Tavistock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Liaison serve breakfast,lunch and homemade daily specials.We also serve barista coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, presse's, cream tea's along with a fully licensed bar.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Cafe Liaison is a lovely place to visit for coffee and cake. The portions of cake are large and coffees are delicious.
On my last visit though, we went for lunch, so I ordered the ham and mustard sandwich with a side order of chips. When the sandwich turned up there was no mustard - the Waiter kindly went and got me some. I then started eating my sandwich only to find that all of the ham that was in it had large amounts of fat running through it. When I opened it up, it looked like all of the off-cuts of ham, put me off a bit. I ate what I could, and ate my chips (which were lovely!!)
All in all, great place for coffee, just dont order the ham and mustard sandwich!!

1  Thank ECT1608

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I frequent Cafe Liaison maybe twice a week, my wife tends to favour the delicious soups, whereas I tend to go for the bigger meals, like the Steak Ciabatta (however it's spelt) or the Beef Burger served with stilton melted all over. However, we visited the cafe recently and saw a homemade lasagne on the specials board, along with a homemade Lamb and Mint burger. The Burger was my choice, and quite possibly the greatest burger I've eaten in a long time!! I spoke with the chef to gather intel on a possible party pleaser this summer (if the weather bucks up!) My wife's lasagne was a really authentic dish, full of aroma and topped with a nice creamy cheese coat!! Reading other reviews of this establishment, I was amazed to see people complain about burgers being served pink in the middle.. albeit, too pink isn't ever good, but whenever my burger is served, it usually comes a nice medium rare.. which in my opinion, is how to cook a burger.. you never cremate meat, it's a sin, surely?!! The service in this cafe has always been fantastic, it's always rather busy, but they will always check to see how you're doing. The drinks and the atmosphere are worth the trip alone.. but being served quality food at a great price makes the trip all the worthwhile !!

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nice little cafe with WiFi and seating upstairs. The menu has a good choice, but as the food is freshly prepared you do have to wait a while. You are warned via a sign of this, but even when it was not very busy, with only one chef preparing the meals, our took around 25 mins. Also, I ordered the burger - be warned they come medium cooked at best, if you want it cooked through then make sure you ask. Overall, ok, and would probably go back if ever in Tavistock and needed a pleasent cafe to sit in and surf the web.

1  Thank Yes_Chef2
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Have been eating in Cafe Liaison for a few years now. The food is always excellent with plenty of variety. Good selection of beers and wines, great coffee and excellent milkshakes. Well worth a visit and without a doubt the best place for breakfast/lunch in Tavistock.

2  Thank sej69
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Positioned beside an old church yard in the shade of a huge ancient tree this little cafe had an almost magical quality.

It was a beautiful afternoon so we sat outside under a small tree in the front court yard area and relaxed.

The service was warm and efficient and the food tasty and filling. My olive platter looked great and more than filled the gap I had inside.

1  Thank Bill E