“Great place to unwind!”
Review of Horsted Spa

Horsted Spa
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Uckfield
Reviewed February 6, 2014

All I can say is tranquil..... And a great gym and pool what more is there to say.... Excellent facilities all round, would recommend to anyone who wants the good life experience.

There are newer reviews for Horsted Spa

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Pool is a good size, and the Jacuzzi warmer than some, the steam room too, benefitting from the eucalyptus smell. The water exercise class is noisy, though, so may be worth enquiring when this is taking place.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been to this and many other spas on many occasions over the past few years but the last time I went to Horsted Spa I vowed not to return as the spa day that I had organised well in advance was not available when I actually arrived as they did not/had not ordered the correct detox products and had not thought to contact me in advance to reschedule.

On this occasion my husband had bought me a Spa Day for last Christmas and I have only just got round to booking it - obviously not overly keen to go back, but it was a gift and I thought I would give it another go, plus it is a very expensive day out.

On arrival I was kept waiting for a few minutes which was not really a problem even though there were two girls at reception (one folding flannels who ended up being my first therapist). I asked if I could change the time for my second appointment, a pedicure which was not a problem.

Having changed into my robe, my therapist, the flannel folder then decided to greet me albeit with a reluctant smile and an official but limp handshake and took me to the therapy room. I was asked to lie on the couch with towel on top whilst she left the room for far longer than necessary.

I had my hot stone treatment which started with a body scrub. Although it was relaxing, I was very cold as there was no heating turned on in the room, I had only been covered with one towel, plus the heated bed was off. After the body scrub, I was asked to jump in the shower whilst she waited outside. I was so looking forward to a hot shower but the water was barely warm that I could not wait to get out! I returned to the bed and covered myself with the only available dry towel and a damp one over my feet but I was so cold. Eventually, the therapist returned - I nearly went out to look for her because she took so long to come back - and I asked her to cover me up because I was freezing. I had even tried to turn on the thermastat in the room. She removed the cover from my feet and did turn on the bed however there was still only one towel covering me and I had wet hair and was quite uncomfortable with my feet still exposed to the cold air. She did not bother with the heating and I assumed this was to do with energy/cost saving at the establishment?

After the treatment I was shown to the quiet room to be called when my lunch (at extra cost) was ready. This was not a quiet room. Constant banging from the other side of the wall turned out to be weight machines in the gym next door being regularly dropped or used. Not relaxing at all! Also, there are several dated magazines to browse through but it is so dark in there you can't read a thing unless you bring a torch. On previous occasions I have asked them to turn up the light slightly. This had not been a problem because the room is normally empty.

I was then told my lunch was ready. Previously, it had been served in the 'quiet room' but due to new legislation from the new owner it had to be consumed in the outside area. So I trundled myself out of the spa into the seated area behind the reception. I felt this was totally inappropriate. I was with wet hair and in my white robe, sitting behind the reception desk where the radio was blaring, people were coming up to the reception obviously, there was a thoroughfare of either employees or gym members, chatting and being normal. However, this was not what I would expect from a Spa Day! It was a bit like Costa Coffee at Tescos!

My second treatment of the pedicure was also late. I had changed the time when I arrived but there had been some communication error and unfortunately I was left sitting in the spa reception for 20 minutes, having asked on two separate occasions, what was going on?

On this occasion I chose not to use the sauna and steam room because I just wanted to go home after the pedicure. I had not been asked to bring flip flops so they very kindly cut larger holes in the cotton slippers so I could go home in these. Great other than it was raining outside but I can't blame them for that.

I have asked my husband not to waste his money on gift vouchers for this spa anymore, even though it is local, I would rather go somewhere for a proper cosy and professional establishment where you feel looked after and that the therapists actually like what they are doing and are happy to pamper you!

3  Thank KarenDodd
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I regularly use the spa, probably every 4 weeks in fact. I'm a member of the gym too. Because I use the spa all the time it hadn't really crossed my mind to write a review before. But I had such an amazing treatment there yesterday (again) I thought it was about time I put pen to paper in a virtual way of course. I have had many many facials over the years but Annabelle at this spa really works some magic. The products are absolutely gorgeous but it is her expertise that is a cut above the rest. I recently stayed at Champneys but the therapists are not a patch on Annabelle and frankly their products don't feel as good either.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had one of the best reflexology treatments with Carol - it was heavenly! next day I had a back massage - also wonderful! Ashley on reception was so helpful - great!