“An evening dinner for 50 people”
Review of Barnsgate Manor

Barnsgate Manor
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Uckfield
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: A prestigious restaurant, tea rooms and wedding venue located within the beautiful Ashdown Forest. With over 25 years experience in catering and events you can expect nothing but quality when you make a booking with us. We have a great offer on our meals currently! 2 courses for £15 3 courses for £18.50
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We attended a dinner for 50 people on 21st October - the food was great, service was quick staff extremely friendly the managers Darren and Natalie looked after all our needs and ensured that our evening went with a swing.
Great food, great value, lovely staff nothing too much.
They even had a man outside directing us to the correct venue and appropriate parking!

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Although we had our wedding here back in July 2008, I had to write a review when I saw the venue on tripadvisor. We had both our ceremony and reception here and could not fault it. The staff were great, the views are spectacular. The food was delicious, better than any other wedding food I've ever tasted, even if I say so myself! Our wedding guests still talk about sharing the experience with us. If you are considering getting married here then I would say get it booked! We had an amazing wedding here.

2  Thank MrsEJH
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We like to visit this restaurant when the sun is warm so we can sit on the terrace and look at the Downs. In the past we have taken visitors from other parts of the country to show them how lovely this part of Sussex is.Last Monday we went for lunch on the - so far- hottest day of the year.
We sat at the table outside and after quite a long time had to get drinks at the bar after which the waiter (for only drinks) appeared. We had already found a menu.The waitress, then appeared and we ordered our meal. The food was good but not very immaginative.
When we finished we would have liked to have had a dessert and a coffee but after a very long wait I went into the bar a paid. Not what we expected or have experienced before!

1  Thank Persephone26
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Views from terrace were wonderful.Food good but not outstanding. Very dated and old fashioned rooms. Probably not return

1  Thank anirock
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would highly recommend Barnsgate Manor for any celebratory occasion. The manager, Natalie, who arranged my mothers 90th birthday celebration with me, was most helpful throughout. The setting was fantastic, as we had drinks on the patio outside and then the meal inside, before going outside again for coffee. The views are amazing and the whole setting perfect. The food and drink was extremely good, the service was great, and all the staff were really helpful, especially Oliver who took as many family photos as we requested!