“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A great country hotel, polite and friendly staff.
Excellent food and the rooms are quite and luxurious
Very comfortable beds
A well maintained hotel in a beautiful setting
Dare I say almost faultless. We shall return

Room Tip: Worth paying for an upgraded room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Jonathan Owen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Oh my goodness what a lovely weekend we had our daughters 40th birthday followed by my sons wedding Buxted Park made it an extra special event it was a fantastic weekend!! Lovely hotel GREAT staff excellent food and our thanks to MARC with a C who made our weekend so special he is worth his weight in gold!! Loved every minute thank you Buxted Park for a momentous time. Thank you to Holly who was very helpful organising our wonderful weekend. Thank you to reception who were very pleasant and helpful. Thank you to the cinema viewing Frozen which kept the children happy and some of the adults!!! I can't say how magical the weekend was all went so well thank you so much

Tim and Jeannie Pay - wedding of Sam Pay and Kieran-Louise Walker May 2014

Room Tip: All rooms are good some with fridge some without but it's no problem
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest

May I convey my best wishes to you and your family on the recent celebrations in particular your sons wedding at Buxted Park.

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your celebration weekend and that the team directed by Marc looked after you so well.

I will ensure Holly and Marc receive your praise and in addition a WOW voucher each in recognition of their excellent service and hospitality.

Thank you for your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at Buxted Park on our wedding anniversary in Feb 2014.
The staff and service throughout, in terms of politeness, and unobtrusive attention to needs yet making that extra effort where it really made a difference (eg, asking if we were there on an occasion, and a card a little touches on the meal to mark this) were the definition of what really good service could, and should look like.

The food, rooms, surroundings/building and grounds were exemplary, but the service blew us away ( positively). To the point that I have left my first trip advisor review.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your wedding anniversary stay with us.

I was so pleased to read the team looked after you and that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I know the team will be very proud to receive your praise and note this is your first Trip Advisor review. Thank you again.

I trust and hope we will welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our daughter got married at Buxted Park recently, the staff were absolutely amazing and certainly made it a very special day. We have had so many wonderful comments from our guests about the beautiful venue, food and staff who couldn't do enough for us all. A special thank you to Amy the wedding co-ordinator, C&B staff Ross, Rob, Phil & Mark, Steve the chef and all his team and all the staff working hard to make it a special day full of wonderful memories. They were all so friendly and a credit to the team. The reception staff were brilliant and made everyone feel very welcome on arrival. Your wedding day is an important day in your life and the bride, groom and their parents want it to be perfect. Thank you Buxted Park for making sure it was.

Clive & Sue Miller

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue M
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest

May I firstly convey my best wishes to your daughter and new son-in-law on their recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following their special day.

On behalf of all the team may I thank you for your kind words and ensure you these will be relayed to everyone.

Ross, Rob, Phil, Marc and Steve will all receive WOW vouchers in recognition of their service and hospitality these can then be used towards prizes throughout the year.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have stayed at Buxted Park on several occasions and have never been disappointed with the hotel, surroundings, rooms, excellent food and last but not least the exceptional service of ALL the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and we are always made to feel very comfortable and special. We will be returning in the near future for another treat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Ashford Kent
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We visited for my wife's Birthday so just a flying visit as she only has one a year.

On arrival reception was easy to find and well manned.

A short walk to our room on the first floor with a joint Balcony over looking the Park lands and we settled in to decide what to do first.

Over a Cup of Tea we found the leaflet detailing walks around the Park and soon set out for an hour's walk in the late afternoon sunshine. Due to all the recent rain, in a couple of places it was a little bit Boggy but hey what did we expect and we negotiated the wet bits without falling in.

We then decided that we should spend some time in the bar prior to Dinner and settled in for a couple of hours reading over looking the lawns. Interestingly the Bar stocked Turners Real Ale in Bottles and I got to sample a Bottle.

Dinner was a short walk through to a small Restaurant Around 40-50 covers and we found the menu to be compact but with all food groups well represented. The service was attentive and unobtrusive which is what we prefer.

The room like many Handpicked Hotels was well set out, prepared and tastefully decorated. I suspect we had been upgraded quietly to an Executive room from a Classic because of the space and a sit down Sofa in the room. Although no one said.

The room overnight was very warm and we had to open the French Windows onto the Balcony although this wasn't a worry because of a security chain.

Breakfast was one of the Largest I have enjoyed at a Handpicked Hotel and a reason to go back all by itself.

Service was at all times pleasant, friendly and there when you wanted it.

The staff opened up and made you feel very welcome at every opportunity and achieved this as though it was a pleasure. All in all a well trained team.

Finally on booking out the manager on reception even got up from his desk to open the door for us and wish us a pleasant journey.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor entitled ‘A walk in the park’

May I convey my congratulations to your wife for her recent birthday!

I was pleased to note you enjoyed a walk around the grounds and avoided the Boggy spots.

Turners Brewery is local to the hotel and we feature 3 of their brews, this is very popular with our guests as sampling local fayre is something we celebrate indeed we are planning a beerfest in October later this year.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed our breakfast offering and that all the team look after you so well during your stay.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I attended a friends wedding here. The hotel is beautiful, staff were friendly and helpful and we had a great time my only negative comment is that the drinks are very expensive my large glass of wine costing £10.50! Other than that it was the perfect venue and would recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I was so pleased to read you and your partner enjoyed your stay and that you found the team to be friendly and helpful. I note your concern on the prices of wine and our wine list does feature many wines by the glass in both 175ml and 250ml measures offering a good choice.

Thank you for your recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next stay and ensuring you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!