I received an e mail from Handpicked having stayed at Nutfield Priory in January and took advantage of their offer for a one night stay of B&B a bottle of champagne and an evening meal. Buxted Park is local to my partner and I so we decided to give it a go.
We could not fault anything about our stay.
We enjoy our short breaks and don't look for trouble or problems but usualy something crops up or is noticed that could be improved upon.
Not here, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful our evening meal was superb and breakfast was too! The restaurant and bar areas are very pleasant the bar area being in keeping with the period of the house and the restaurant leading off from it more modern in style and cleverly done.
Connie who waited for us at dinner and breakfast was lovely and our Maitre d for the evening was very professional and helpful and didn't hover as some do!
It is clear that the Hotel is very 'big' on weddings and I am sure if you are looking for a quiet break things may be slightly different it would pay to ask when you book about weddings or parties we took pot luck mid week and everywhere was quiet. The room was spacious and I think the most basic but it was perfect for us, spotless with lovely views of the grounds and everything worked!
We cannot wait to return and fortunatly don't live far away I hope they send me another offer soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield, England