“One night stay for a treat!”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I received an e mail from Handpicked having stayed at Nutfield Priory in January and took advantage of their offer for a one night stay of B&B a bottle of champagne and an evening meal. Buxted Park is local to my partner and I so we decided to give it a go.
We could not fault anything about our stay.
We enjoy our short breaks and don't look for trouble or problems but usualy something crops up or is noticed that could be improved upon.
Not here, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful our evening meal was superb and breakfast was too! The restaurant and bar areas are very pleasant the bar area being in keeping with the period of the house and the restaurant leading off from it more modern in style and cleverly done.
Connie who waited for us at dinner and breakfast was lovely and our Maitre d for the evening was very professional and helpful and didn't hover as some do!
It is clear that the Hotel is very 'big' on weddings and I am sure if you are looking for a quiet break things may be slightly different it would pay to ask when you book about weddings or parties we took pot luck mid week and everywhere was quiet. The room was spacious and I think the most basic but it was perfect for us, spotless with lovely views of the grounds and everything worked!
We cannot wait to return and fortunatly don't live far away I hope they send me another offer soon!
Superb.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well.

Short breaks are very popular and we regularly welcome guests back several times a year to experience the Buxted Park hospitality.

I will certainly relay your kind words to Connie who looked after you for both dinner and breakfast.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Buxted Park Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Myself and 13 members of my family stayed at Buxted Park for my 40th birthday. I arranged a celebratory dinner and bed and breakfast through Holly, events coordinator at the hotel. Holly was great and made this process easy and met all my requests and needs.
On arrival we were greeted by Philip who turned out to be our dedicated host for the evening as well. The hotel is beautiful and well managed with stunning grounds. The staff were friendly and professional and more than happy to help with any requests.
The food was delicious, appetisingly hot and elegantly presented. The rooms were spotlessly clean and had eveything you need for an overnight stay. The attention to detail did not go unnoticed with bathrobes, sumptuously soft and fluffy towels, ironing board and iron as standard and the lovely bonus of fresh milk in the fridge which makes all the difference to any hot beverages made in your room.
The only downside to this hotel was that they do not have a swimming pool or wet area but we managed to while away the time we allocated to swim in the Crystal bar and taking cream tea in the Orangery.
Well done Buxted Park we will be back

Room Tip: first floor rooms are lovely with rooms 31 and 33 having the added bonus of a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and may I convey my best wishes to you on your recent birthday!

I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your celebrations at Buxted Park hotel and that both Holly and Phillip looked after you so well in planning your event and servicing.

I will certainly convey your kind words to Steve Cole my head chef who will be extremely proud to relay your feedback to his team.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Me and my new wife recently had our wedding ceremony at Buxted park and not just ourselves but many family and friends stayed for the occasion. All the staff were welcoming and attentive throughout our stay. We cannot speak highly enough of the service we received our stay was superb the venue is magic and our wedding was everything we could have wished for!

I have a senior role in the hospitality industry myself, so this review comes from a professional who's expectations have been exceeded! Many thanks to all at Buxted Park!

Room Tip: Get married there, the Winston Churchill suite has great views, a walk in wardrobe and an enormous b...

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

As a fellow manager within the hospitality industry it is always a pleasure to receive such glowing praise and may I extend my best wishes to you and your wife on your recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park Hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for one night and we would have liked it to be more. The greeting on arrival was very good and we booked in without any problems. Nice size room and good bathroom which were all very clean. Good views of the gardens, and the doors also opened onto a patio area.

The service in the crystal bar and the very nice modern restaurant was excellent. The food was very good and the portion sizes were good. The breakfast was held in the bright and pleasant orangery, was all buffet style with all the normal choices for breakfast which was all excellent quality.

All the staff were very friendly and attentive at all times

We would use this hotel again, and are looking at others within the group.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor and for posting some amazing pictures of the hotel bathed in sunlight!

I was delighted the team welcomed you well and you found your bedroom to be very clean. The ground floor bedrooms have patios which guests can enjoy sitting on looking over the coat of arms lawn and estate.

Both Robert and Andrew my bars manager and restaurant manager respectively will be pleased to receive your praise for their teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I booked a one night stay which included champagne before a three course dinner and breakfast.
On arrival we were greeted with such friendly staff which we found to be the norm for all the staff we met, in the bar, at dinner and at breakfast - they all made you feel so welcome and made the stay such a lovely break.
The three course dinner was excellent and very delicious, as was the full English breakfast which was cooked to order.
Our room was of a very high standard, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and with a lovely view over the park.
When we retired to bed we found the bed had been turned down and a glass and bottle of water left at each side of the bed - lovely little touch to end the day.
We hope to stay again when day and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a lovely break away.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read you had a great welcome from the team and that throughout your stay the team looked after you so well.

I will certainly relay your kind words to Steve my head chef about the quality of the breakfast and evening meal.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a last minute and much needed two night break this week and had a wonderful time. We booked through Secret Escapes and the deal was extraordinary, with champagne before a three course dinner both nights and a delicious breakfast each morning. The staff were all exceptionally friendly, the room wasn't huge but spotlessly clean and looked out onto the beautiful park, where we went for a long walk on our first morning. The whole atmosphere of the place was one of friendliness and relaxation and we were treated with great care. I look forward to staying again in the summer.

Room Tip: Room quite small but not uncomfortably so.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Our offer of Champagne, canapés dinner and overnight accommodation is very popular and can be found also on our own website. I will certainly relay your kind words about the standard of cleanliness to our housekeeper Karine who will be very proud to receive this positive feedback.

The team have an incredible skill which puts all our guests at ease very quickly and I repeatedly hear how guests describe the hotel as home from home.

I look forward to welcoming you to Buxted Park in the summer when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely relaxing cosy and romantic night on valentines. Food and bar v good, room cosy and posh and lovely views over parkland
Recommended
I like the handpicked hotels as u can rely on a certain level of standard

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your romantic night away and that you found the food and bar service to be very good.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you to Buxted Park when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!