“Buxted Park Stay July 201”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at Buxted Park hotel in July to have our menu tasting for our wedding at Buxted Park Hotel in August, we stayed in one of their fabulous suites, with beautiful views and were greeted by some lovely characters that were the staff. We couldn't of been more looked after if we tried. The hotel has beautiful grounds, delicious food and the one thing that is the most important is great customer service. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they really make you feel at home.

I will be writing my second review after my wedding which I have no doubt will be me raving about this venue once again!

Room Tip: Go for the suites they are fabulous!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your menu tasting and found the suite you stayed in to be fabulous!

The team are special here at Buxted and receive much praise, they are our true asset.

On behalf of everyone I look forward to welcoming you and your guests to your wedding later this year when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Buxted Park last week, we were very lucky we had such georgeous weather and this highlighted the beauty of the hotel and estate grounds. The staff and very friendly and the helpful, although not cheap the food was lovely but i guess it's that old saying "you get what you pay for". The room was emactualtey clean and the bed very comfortable, amenties a plenty and room service if you require it. If you are thinking of treating yourself then highly recommended a stay at this peaceful, relaxing and tasteful setting was our pleasure.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

The hotel and grounds look stunning this time of year bathed in sunshine with guests enjoying the terraces and walks around the estate.

Thank you for your recommendation and I will certainly let the housekeeping team know of your kind comments into how clean your bedroom was.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a continuation of our English Garden Tour
Some rooms were very large but there was a wedding that night and very noisy
We had very good dinner in a lovely solarium but drinks were very expensive
Breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I note you were part of the Garden Tour group and that you enjoyed your short break with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked to return to the same room for our first anniversary as we had stayed in the night of our wedding. This time everything was a lot less chaotic! And we were able to relax and enjoy everything Buxted Park offers. The room was perfect, it's one of the original suites in the house, with an absolutely amazing bathroom. There were flowers and champagne waiting for us, they had been ordered by my parents, but staff had made sure they were beautifully displayed and that the champagne was on ice. We took our bubbly out to the terrace and revelled in the fact that we weren't part of the 'team building work do' playing 'games' on the lawn.

The amazing restaurant staff, headed by Julien, recognised us in the bar (from a year ago!) and spoilt us rotten. One of the best touches was a beautiful card from Julien and his team.

One of the best things about this hotel is the low turnover of staff. Familiar faces, offering excellent service - what more could you need?

Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your tremendous review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you reserved one of our suites, yes the bathrooms are stunning some are bigger than flats I have rented in the past!

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team especially Julien our assistant food and beverage manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just spent one night for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. We were upgraded to a suite rather than the classic room we had booked, which was a great surprise. The room was absolutely beautiful, very spacious and comfortable and had stunning views onto the Ashdown Forest and the South Downs. It felt a bit warm but a fan was provided to help with the hot weather.
We dined at the restaurant and it was a great experience. We had the degustation menu with wines selected to accompany every course and everything tasted amazing. It was also very reasonably priced given the quality (£98 for 6 courses including 6 glasses of wine). The hotel staff and restaurant waiters were lovely. They heard it was our anniversary and made us a special anniversary dessert plate decoration.
We'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations on your recent anniversary.

During this warmer weather the suites do offer more space to relax and we have ensured fans are in all suites to create a more ambient temperature for guests.

Our degustation menu is fantastic, both in food and more importantly in wine; the opportunity to try so many different styles of wines is the real draw!

I was pleased to read the team looked after you and recognised your anniversary with our signature dessert plate.

On behalf of everyone at the hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have stayed at Buxted Park Hotel several times in the past on our annual trip to Sussex. We arrived at about 9.45pm. There was a wedding party in full swing and we were told that the music would stop at midnight, which it did. We were given up upgrade to the Queen Mary room, a palatial affair, the bathroom alone was probably the size of a normal bedroom. A HUGE bed and extremely comfortable, we settled in on the sofa to watch the highlights of the Murray match on TV.

In the morning, you are greeted by a wonderful vista from your bedroom windows across the gardens to the Ashdown Forest (proper ones you can actually open and get some breeze through). When we came down to breakfast, tables for non-wedding party guests had been reserved on the terrace. Its such a pleasure to eat your breakfast outside in the variable English climate, so we took full advantage. Lots of choice, fruit plates, cereal and yoghurts and a full cooked breakfast buffet. I had some excellent decaf coffee. Lots of toast and pastries available with Tiptree jams and marmalades. All in a wonderful setting, what more could you ask for.

We're already looking forward to returning next year!

Aso, if you have time, do visit the lovely 13th century church next door.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Buxted Park following your stay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that you watched the Murray match in our Queen Mary suite – quite befitting to the historic moment on the television!

Breakfast of the terrace is something we would like to adopt all the time and certainly over the past week or so the weather has allowed us this luxury.

On behalf of all the team may I thank you for your kind words and we all looked forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park next year.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding.

The service really let this place down. I arrived to my room which looked like a scene from 'the hangover' movie. Lip stick blotting papers everywhere, beer bottles, wet towels, bins full of who knows what .... I could go on. The room had not been serviced from the previous guest. It spoilt to romance knowing who had slept in the bed before me! so I walked all the way back to reception ( no lifts here) in my wedding glamour and it was the fault of a computer glitch.

Pre reception drinks service was sooooo slow

The wedding food was below average; tasteless and squelchy meat. admittedly the B&Gs menu selections werent to my choice (pork) and ive never encountered a no choice menu??

ordered a Martini and the bar tender asked me how to make it! She sought help from colleagues who made a premixed martini ( didnt even know that was possible?) I am foreign I guess but I thought james bond was global?!

then the bar was then abandoned so two staff could go and find a bottle of prosecco ( should have jumped the bar and poured a freeby for myself!)

The wedding buffet breakfast was accidently gate-crashed by several random hotel guests who thought it was for all guests ( and staff wrongly assumed they were wedding guests)

no paid or free wifi in the room ( only from lobby.... difficult to skype overseas family in the busiest part of the hotel!).

I guess everything to do with weddings generally means over priced and mass produced.

beautiful outdoor surrounds mismatched by ugly service inside.

never again!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Laura K

Dear Guest

May I firstly offer my sincere apologies for the impression you received from your recent stay.

I am surprised and disappointed to read your feedback as I have no record of your concerns in my duty managers diary or from the team during your stay.

Buxted Park is renowned for service and hospitality to all our guests and now featuring just one wedding a day this allows the team to focus on delivering our excellent service. I do believe your impression of the hotel is not reflective of our usual standards. That said I do take all feedback very seriously and in our Friday operations meeting I will discuss at length your comments with the team.

We do have lifts around the hotel which are designed to assist with accessibility for all our guests. We are confident that our WIFI range will include all bedrooms and not as present just our lounges by the end of August. I fully appreciate how frustrating this can be for guests.

Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
Horsted Place
#10 of 43 in Brighton
Blanch House
Blanch House
#1 of 43 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!