“Repeat visit”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed June 21, 2013

3 years ago we were here, and again what a great place to stay for a short break. The conservatory restaurant in the summer is a more enjoyable dining venue.The attention from staff is excellent.Very much hope to return sometime

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was delight to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was excellent.

Jonathan Owen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a fabulous hotel and such lovely rooms. Ours had a double aspect view of the gardens and was HUGE. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. My only disappointment was that the restaurant is really just a café shut away in the middle of the hotel with no outside views and very modern, not at all in keeping with the rest of this lovely manor house. What a shame when they have so many lovely rooms with gorgeous views which would make much better restaurants. Nonetheless the food was lovely and served by really attentive staff (with the exception of the sommelier who was obsequious and didn't really do much other than be grumpy with the staff and keep topping up glasses). As others have said, the deals they offer are super value so don't be put off but don't expect the best setting for your evening meal. Rob the barman is an absolute star as are all the waiters and waitresses in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are fabulous so try to get an upgrade if you possibly can.
1  Thank Ess-Aitch
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was naturally very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would not hesitate in staying again. The restaurant is located in the centre of the hotel and has a large skylight which compliments the design of the room. We do from time to time use the orangery as a restaurant with stunning views onto the lawns and estate.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team with regards to service and food quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited Buxted Park Hotel for Father's Day Sunday Lunch.
The hotel sits in some very impressive grounds.
The house itself is stunning. We were greeted by very pleasant staff who led us to a lovely room for drinks before dinner. Big armchairs around low coffee tables.
The dining room was light and relaxing. We had a round table for six. Beautiful white linen adorned the tables.
The meal itself was so delicious and very well presented.
The staff never rushed us at any time.
After lunch we enjoyed a delightful walk around the grounds.
A most enjoyable experience was had by all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for your review following Sunday lunch.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your family lunch and that the team looked after you well. Fathers day this year was considerably busy than past years which is great to see the fathers finally being looked after!

On behalf of everyone at Buxted Park I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Four years after we held our wedding reception at the Hotel which was perfect, I brought my wife back for a surprise anniversary overnight stay. We have also been to the Hotel many times before our wedding and many times since both for business events and for personal celebrations. We return because it is an exceptional Hotel due to the service, the staff, the food, the rooms and the overall experience. We are looking forward to visiting the new hotel in Bath!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations to you and your wife on your recent wedding anniversary. I am so pleased that you chose to mark your four years of marriage by returning to Buxted Park and enjoying an exceptional stay. I am sure you will receive the same attention and care when you stay at Bailbrook house in Bath.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel before your next anniversary and assuring you of our very best attention.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our first visit to Buxted Park but I hope it will not be our last. It is a lovely building in a beautiful location. Check-in was friendly and efficient, despite us being a little early. Our room was attractive, spotlessly clean, comfortable and well equipped. We spent some of the afternoon having a delicious cream tea in lovely surroundings, elegantly served. Later we enjoyed a quiet drink and canapes in the bar while choosing our dinner menu, the service was both attentive and fun, we did a lot of smiling! Dinner itself was excellent. After a good night's sleep on a comfortable bed, we were ready for breakfast, which provided a host of choices and again everything was beautifully cooked, the fruit fresh and nicely prepared, the service couldn't be faulted.
We much enjoyed a walk round the gardens and grounds and down to the lake before setting off, refreshed, relaxed and happy.
You could forgive Buxted Park a lot because of it's lovely location, but there is no need. It's main selling point for us was service, service, service. Without exception, every member of staff we encountered had a friendly word, a smile and a helpful suggestion. A disabled friend stayed a few days after we did and they said they had been treated "like royalty" and I couldn't put it better. No fuss, nothing overbearing but a real sense that everyone wanted you to have a lovely time. And we did.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just back from another great night away at Buxted Park
Booked it last minute what a great offer DBB and bottle of bubbly in room £179.00 per couple
Thank you buxted team great food and as usual great service
I would like to particularly mention a new member of staff. Connie. Very pleasant young lady
Nice smile and very efficient a great asset to the team
Going back soon and going to hold our wedding there
GM as you all ready know you have a great hotel and staff
Ps thanks Marc Julian and Rob

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and highlighted so many team members who stood out for great service. I do really appreciate their commitment to Buxted Park and I know many guests return because of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My partner and I just got back from the most wonderful, luxurious 2 night, champagne getaway at the romantic Buxted Park hotel in Uckfield. We could not fault anything atal. The attention to detail was 100%, and the very lovely staff went out of their way to make it the best stay ever.. We were upgraded to a gorgeous suite on our second night, (thank you Marco!) and we couldnt stop smiling! The food was also incredible. We will definately be going back..

• Stayed: June 2013
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest

May I thank you for placing the review on Trip Advisor and the fantastic name of your review ‘A wonderful luxurious 5* stay’

I will certainly relay your kind words to the team and like them I am extremely proud to read that all aspects of your stay were fantastic.

Marco! Is a key member of the team and quite a character as you found out.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
Horsted Place
#1 of 43 in Brighton
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
#10 of 43 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!