Stayed early March, myself and girlfriend. Deal was bed and breakfast along with a three course meal.
Grounds: Grounds seemed well maintained. Good for a nice stroll but pond at the bottom of the hotel. Away from any major roads so was very quiet.
Rooms: Rooms have good decor, walls are a little thin. Double room is a bit on the small side, a return trip would definitely involve a room upgrade. Selection of dvds was a nice touch.
Afternoon Tea: No complaints, service was very good. Tea room was very nice, good view of the grounds from where we were sitting.
Evening meal: Paid for 'set menu', having eaten in some good restaurants in London the food was very good. Very extensive wine list, paid £30 for a bottle of white which was worth every penny.
Breakfast: Buffet style but there was plenty of sausage, bacon, eggs beans, cereals, toasts etc. Plus it was served in a 'wedding' style way rather than a 'canteen' queue type scenario.
Overall this hotel has many things going for it in my opinion; staff, food, rooms and grounds are very good.
Noticed a few people moaning about price. Prices are no different to that of London if not a little bit cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield, England