“Great value offers”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Great value offers”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed in quite a few Hand Picked hotels ,and all are very good,but I think this one is my favorite,they made you feel very welcome and were not at all stuffy as I have found in some of the Hand Picked hotels we had the most amazing room Queen Mary suite and I felt like royalty staying in this suite.My daughter had her wedding here a couple of years ago ,a great venue for a wedding .Please check out their website for the great offers they do ,you can get bed breakfast dinner and a bottle of champagne for £149 I think that is unbeatable for this calibre of hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I am delighted to note that Buxted Park is your favourite Hand Picked Hotel and will certainly relay your kind words to the team. The Queen Mary suite is indeed stunning and this is most popular with our wedding couples.

We do have from time to time excellent offers and I always recommend checking our website first for the best deals!

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
Sandwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel and a wonderful place to stay. The food and service was excellent and all the staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Marc the Maitre d'. We love staying in old grand houses but some of them can be rather stuffy but at Buxted Park we felt totally at home. We thought the decor in all areas was perfect and did not want to leave the roaring fire in the cosy bar.

It is not often we fully relax but at Buxted Park it was just so easy. We will definately be back again and this time we will know that you have Sky Sports !! Marc will know what we mean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Marc does recall the story about Sky Sports and as a fellow Spurs fan I fully appreciate your wish to watch these games, rest assured I will ensure the cinema is prepared for your next visit! Marc still recalls the story to the football fans amongst us!

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you.

On behalf of all the team at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel in the very near future.

maidstone kent uk
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Another great stay at Buxted Park. It was good to see all the staff as always and also to chat to the General Manager. Our thanks to Marc in particular.
We tried the new a la carte menu which was very enjoyable, thanks again to Neil. I must highly recommend the beef which was superb.
Can't wait to experience another Gourmet Evening very soon I hope.
The English cheese board is amazing

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and try a suite if you have not all ready
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I remember speaking with you and your wife on the morning of departure and I have already conveyed your kind words to Neil about his team’s cuisine.

We have a Shirley Bassey tribute night coming up on the 19th May which is already looking like being a success.

On behalf of all the team at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel when you will receive our very best attention.

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is a truly a relaxing place. From Norway I have travelled a lot around the english countryside over the years in search for grand houses and stately homes. I must say that this place is one of the best. Unlike some other grand old buildings it is possible to breathe here, because it is not over-filled with antiques. Just as a place like this should appear. Still you get this good Jane Austen feeling. The staff is very friendy, relaxed and you get the feeling that they really want you to enjoy staying there.
The bar is the "axis mundi" in the hotel. If you do not relax by the fire there then you can only blame yourself. The big chandelier in this room was saved from a bombed house in London during the blitz I was told. A magnificent piece in a room I wish was in a club where I happened to be a member.
The grounds are well maintained, stunning as they are. And you meet a bunch of sheep just around the corner through a couple of gates.
I travelled with my one year old son and I felt that this was not a problem.
Room was very clean and cosy. Bathroom was warm and luxurious.
If you take a walk around this hotel in the evening when the lights are on in the rooms it just beautiful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you. I do believe at Buxted Park we are lucky to have so many team members who genuinely look forward each day to looking after our guests and you certainly picked up upon this during your stay.

On behalf of all the team at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you and your son back to the hotel in the very near future.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Although I live locally and have visited Buxted Park on many occasions over the years (all which have been lovely) I wanted a special night away as I hadn't seen my boyfriend for a couple of months. The package of canapes, dinner, bed and breakfast can't be beat! All the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the maître d'. It was a particularly special occasion for me as my boyfriend proposed to me that evening and my mother had organized a party there with all of my friends and family attending. The staff all knew and were very discreet so it was a complete surprise to me. Everything was well taken care of that evening and I couldn't have asked for more. We will now always be returning to Buxted Park for special occasions.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are good, but the suits are amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

May I firstly convey my congratulations to you on your recent engagement!

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that both you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. Our dinner bed and breakfast packages are very popular.

On behalf of all the team at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you back maybe for your wedding?

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked a night away with my wife at Buxted where we have stayed before. The staff are always so helpful and polite. This occasion we stayed in the Winston Churchill suite which is out of this world. The bathroom is stunning and it gives you a feeling of living like a king! We had a lovely meal in the restaurant with good wine and service. The manager who we have come to know looked after us really well despite his poor French singing which does make us laugh and adds to the entertainment!!! We had a really nice stay in a beautiful room and a lovely hotel. We will deffinately return if not to enjoy some of the other rooms and food in the restaurant but the remainder of the singing talent that is the food and beverage managerMarc. A really nice place to stay for a special occasion.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Buxted Park.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you. Marc’s singing is a real feature at the hotel and certainly makes for good entertainment!

On behalf of all the team at Buxted Park I look forward to welcoming you back and assuring you of our very best attention.

london
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This rambling country manor is set in beautiful surroundings, in a italian regency style, is much more run down than the web site and overnight stay cost implies. The rooms themselves are on the edge of being old fashioned, with slightly amiss furniture, with fussy details and hideous pictures in gold frames above the beds. Room service was friendly and quick, but downstairs bar and resturant service was terrible we waited nearly an hour for a table when it wasnt busy. Food was hit and miss, scallops overdone, beef a bit tasteless, but the dessert was fabulous and the wine delicious. Its a bit tired and will need a lot spending on it to bring it kicking and screaming into the 21st century, chuck out that chintz! The Orangery has a horrid plastic like conservatory ceiling, and yet more horrid paintings with wrongly placed mirrors. Get in a designer and sort yourselves out, an average stay but it could be sumptuous.

Room Tip: Make sure the maître d is in the restaurant, service and food improves when he is around! Room 10 se...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

May I convey my sincere apologies to you for the levels of service you received. I fully appreciate your impression of the hotel, however I do believe that our public areas and bedrooms reflect a country house hotel and we do receive many good comments about our décor and maintaining of the property.

May I thank you again for your constructive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
#9 of 44 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!