“amazing stay of pure indulgencence”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed December 5, 2012

my husband and i got married at buxted park in november 2011 and so we thought it would be lovely to return to buxted for our year anniversay. we were welcomed by a very friendly and caring lady at reception and our room was lovely over looking the garden and as we looked out the next morning it was like a winter wonderland. our evening meal was incredible with delicious food and brilliant service. it was lovely being back at buxted and remembering our magical day last year; we are so pleased that we chose buxted for our wedding our every need was catered for and nothing was too much trouble. buxted park is an amazing venue with amazing staff i would recommend it to everyone and i do ! thankyou for our stay we hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

May I convey my best wishes to you both on your anniversary. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and both the food and service was brilliant. I will ensure your kind words are conveyed to the team later this week.

May I convey my best wishes for Christmas and the New year when we hope to welcome you back to Buxted Park.

There are newer reviews for Buxted Park Hotel

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We are regular visitors to the Buxted Park Hotel but this visit was extra special. Unknown to me my wife had told Marc that it was my birthday. This gave Marc and his team the excuse to make fun of me (In the nicest possible way) giving us and our guests a fabulous entertaining evening.
As usual the food and service from all of the hotel staff was excelent. They also take extra care of my wifes GF diatery requirements, even making special canapes and bread for her.
There was a large wedding on at the time but in reality we hardly noticed it whereby in other hotels it can spoil an evening.
We also regularly attend their Dinner Shows - also highly recomended for an enjoyable evening.
Buxted is a wonderful hotel full of charm and character - the same as the staff!

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra to upgrade
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Marc is a great character for the hotel and his ability to recognise past guests is legendary. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your evening and your wife’s dietary requirements were catered for.

Our Blues and Swing evening is on the 27th January which you may be interested in, I advise to book now to avoid disappointment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, when I can assure you of our very best attention

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We held a Christmas reception for 100 people at Buxted Park, with a little concert in the Orangery and drinks and canapes in the Coat of Arms Room. The service was impeccable - nothing was too much trouble and the guests were delighted with the venue which looked lovely and Christmassy but not too fussy, and the delicious canapes and mulled wine. Great trouble was taken to accommodate the few special diets and the guests all had a lovely time. The space is very versatile with a nice concert space, comfy seating and cosy little corners for people to network, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor following your event at Buxted Park.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your evening and found the service to be impeccable. I will certainly convey your kind words to the team.

The Orangery is indeed stunning and definitely a popular room within the hotel for private events and weddings.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

One of many visits to my second home! A special evening of champagne, excellent food, a little education and elegance, with a tinge of relaxation and good friends. Congratulations to all the staff that made the evening such a brilliant night, you should all feel very proud of another successful event.
We will return very very soon.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing a review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I was really pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your evening and that you intend to return to the hotel very soon.

I will ensure your kind words are conveyed to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The second time we have wined and dined at Buxted Park but this time for a very special Champagne and Gourmet Dinner with overnight stay, at an excellent price. There is a disabled ramp walkway into the Hotel,as well as stairs,so access for the disabled is easy, with a swift concierge service.From beginning to end our stay was faultless.Staff at all levels are very professional,clearly well trained, but so welcoming and friendly,giving always a personal touch to their service.They miss nothing. I left some papers on the dinner - table and my coat behind my chair at breakfast. On both occasions staff spotted them and brought them to me. Our standard ground-floor room ,with views across the lawns,was comfortable, perfect for my disabled partner,with an excellent wet floor shower-room.Marc escorted us,brought our luggage and carefully ensured that all was well with the room before he left.Close to all amenities,there were also small open lifts to avoid the few stairs en route to the room and to the Orangery for dinner but we were accompanied all the way to make things easy for us.

We had booked in for a late Sunday lunch at 2pm (officially the last booking time) but,due to travel problems,unfortunately,arrived much later than that,hungry,rather harassed and on edge.The restaurant staff could not have been kinder and made no fuss at all about us being so late,giving us particularly welcoming and charming service and a very enjoyable,refined version of Sunday lunch.
We were thoughtfully escorted into dinner by the easiest route before the main party followed.The Orangery was splendid to behold,laid up for dinner round one long oval table, brilliantly lit with chandeliers, glittering with glasses and silver .The event was carefully orchestrated:food was served promptly and was uniformly excellent ; the pleasure of drinking five different glasses of champagne to accompany it was enhanced by the explanations of the Laurent Perrier representative who was present.Dinner-table companions,all clearly having a great time,were cheerful and convivial,making for a tremendously enjoyable evening.

An excellent breakfast the next morning left us totally satisfied with our little excursion.Congratulations to management at all levels for setting such high standards and to the staff, of course, for delivering such an excellent overall experience for their guests. Of course we are looking forward to returning,aren't we?

Room Tip: Because of mobility problems we have requested convenient,ground floor twin rooms .There are really...
1  Thank furbysmum

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that Marc and the team looked after you so well. Our gourmet evenings are very popular at Buxted Park and feature throughout the year, I know Marc’s enthusiasm for these events is very infectious and guests return on numerous occasions to enjoy our evenings.

On behalf of all the team at Buxted Park I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of the very best attention.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Buxted Park Hotel proved to be another unique break with Hand Picked Hotels. All venues are very different and BPH proved just what we were looking for as a recuperation break following major emergency surgery. The staff were all delightful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was superb and there was no difficulty suiting a slightly fussy eater. Our room, although a basic one, was fine for the 3 nights, it was quiet with no sounds penetrating from adjoing rooms, the only niggle being the low level of lighting. I am sure a brighter bulb would have been produced had I asked for it. The views were lovely although I did wonder about leaving the French Doors open at night for fresh air in the summer months. We strolled in the mud enjoying the grounds, visited Sheffield Park - at least we did not need our wellies there - and generally relaxed which we found very easy to do. A visit in the spring or in the autumn before all the colourful leaves have been blown or washed away is under consideration for next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to recuperate following recent surgery.

We are fortunate to have some fantastic walking routes around the hotel, albeit currently wellies are a necessity.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Buxted park is now our second home
Small country hotel about 40 rooms
Service is out off this world
When you arrive they make you feel like lost friends
Food is always very good
Look out for there special nights ,dinning with wine parrying
Marc the f&m manager is French and is most off his staff they are friendly and good fun
We have been here 6 times this year and have 2 more booked before Christmas

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel, service and hospitality and mentioned Marc our food and beverage manager with praise. Buxted Park is truly special and I believe this is down to the team who strive to ensure all our guests feel like it is coming home when they stay with us.

I will ensure your kind words are relayed to them at our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel before Christmas and introducing myself.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!