“ladies who lunched”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the pretty village of Roke Oxfordshire, just off the B4009, Benson to Watlington road, our freshly prepared, seasonal menu offers at Lunchtime, 2 courses for £13 or our lunch menu and in the evening a more extensive menu. The secure south facing garden is dog friendly and are welcome in the bar and snug, where the double aspect open fire greets you all year round. Open for food from 12 - 2 and 6.00 - 9.00 Every day except for Monday and Sunday evenings. We recommend booking. All dietary requirements can be catered for.
“ladies who lunched”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

After an awful week of bad weather we were looking forward to the meal - we were not dissappointed. The pub was warm and welcoming. Service very good not intrusive and the meal was freshly prepared and very good. Will be going back again

• Visited January 2014

Bicester, England, United Kingdom
“Difficult review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had dinner here with a friend. Lovely bar, but a trifle chilly, until the fire was lit in the area where we were sitting. Everything started well, until my main course arrived. I had a platter of salmon, dover sole fillets and king prawns. The salmon was hot, the dover sole fillets mixed - one warm and the other cold, and they were also hard, and the prawns were cold, as were the vegetables. My friend's fish pie was steaming hot. I sent back the fish, as I was concerned about food poisoning and asked for a fish pie instead. This arrived without vegetables and no cutlery. Eventually this got sorted out and the fish pie was fine. In all fairness, someone came and apologised to me and said that I wouldn't be charged for either the fish platter or the pie, which went a long way with me. Would I go again? I don't know.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Shirley H
HSHROKE, Manager at Home Sweet Home, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We find all reviews helpful especially those where we do not meet our own standards.
“Had our wedding here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We cant thank Home sweet home enough for hosting our wedding reception.
John and Lyn did everything to make our day so special, we had so many freinds and family tell us that it was a superb wedding venue, and that they had a really fun time.

The weather was not on our side, but John and Lyn made the pub cosy, got the drinks on the go and made everyone feel well looked after!

As a bride I was able to relax knowing that Lyn undersood all of my concerns and needs as a bride.

Thank you so so much.

• Visited October 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“One of the best country pubs around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love this country pub. It truly is the best around. Great menu which changes and is current. Beautiful hot tasty food, amazing welcoming bar that you can sit at. Lovely cushions on seats. Lit beautifully. The best open middle of the room roaring fire that sets the welcoming atmosphere - along with gorgeous black dog Louis. I thoroughly recommend any day or eve of the week.
We went there last night and it was full of lovely friendly people but not noisey - just great!!

Landlady and husband are really nice and always there to welcome you.Go and find out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jill493
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great old village pub/restaurant for excellent Sunday lunches. Have eaten there numerous times over the years and food and service is always excellent - good quality, excellent variety of veg - the cauliflower cheese served with the roast is fabulous!

• Visited July 2013