“Food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

A very good pub for entertainment and good value food but having chosen the Cottage pie I thought it was Cauliflower Cheese when it arrived. In a square pyrex type container about 5"x5" and 1.5" deep. Contents huge mound of lovely cheesy topped mash with 1/4" meat mix at bottom. Shame the meat was so frugal.I was on a first date so difficult to complain. Wish I had chosen a different option as the pies are supposed to be excellent.

Price £7 came with baguette butter and tiny side salad in the smallest bowl ever.

Excellent friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Just need to tweak the meat base and serve out of container with vedge and gravy. Taste was great just frugal...hunt the meat.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Arrived with my wife and daughter for evening meal. Table was dirty from previous customers, politely asked bar lady to wipe the table to which she did SOME of the table and left abruptly. Ordered our food with the same lady and she was absolutely angry about something, so I decided to mention this to the equally miserable manager, I think that fell on deaf ears. It was visible that the “locals” were treated better than us and will not be revisiting here again. Shame though as the food was excellent.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank dodgerreadinguk
Reviewed September 29, 2018

We popped in as we were told that this was a dog friendly pub - and it is!

Unfortunately the day we arrived, all the tables in the bar had been reserved for a large group (and you can't take dogs in to the other areas) so we sat outside..... it was raining but they've got a covered area (for smokers) where you can eat.

We opted for a tuna baguette and a cheddar ploughman's - both huge and good value!

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We visited at about 9am on a Saturday, it’s an old pub in the centre of the town. The food was just great, good quality, large helpings. The ‘small’ breakfast was more than enough for me. Other posh local venues might have a nice ambience but the food hear was better in every way.

1  Thank Taylormaker
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Had lunch with my husband and friends.Excellant food and friendly staff.A very good place to eat.We were told Sunday lunch is also very good.