“What a GREAT Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wallingford
The Old School House
Ranked #2 of 13 Wallingford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I spent three fantastic nights at the Old School House B&B in historic Wallingford England. Our hosts Bill and Carolyn were super friendly and made us feel right at home. The comfortable room was tastefully furnished in an upscale style with Moroccan designer touches. The bed was very comfortable and combined with the quiet neighborhood made for a very restful stay. The historic house was surrounded by a well tended garden with many beautiful plants. Bill cooked a fantastic full English breakfasts daily which included his unique 'Aga' toast. This was our best B&B experience during our fortnight holiday in England and is highly recommended for anyone seeking a pampered and restful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Old School House

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here whilst visiting friends and what a lovely little find this is! The house is a beautiful place with charming decor and one on the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The room was something you would find in a country house with lots of quirky little features.
It was lovely waking up looking out onto the beautiful garden.
Breakfast, taken in the sun room was a feast and nothing was too much trouble.
I would definitely recommend thus B and B and I would definitely stay there again?

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The cooked breakfasts by Bill were fantastic with a friendly chat with the paper before work and advice on the local area. The room had all the necessities and more with an ideal location to walk into the market town of Wallingford. Hard to notice which building when first arriving but after that no problem at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed for just one night in the lovely cosy double bedroom, bathroom just opposite was great no worries about walking across landing in pyjamas!. Hosts very friendly and welcoming, catered for our vegan breakfast without issue, would recommend.

Room Tip: Double room not en-suite but private bathroom more than makes up for it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cavieman
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed one night here whilst walking the Thames Path. A warm welcome and a much needed cup of tea setttled us in. Carolyn and Bill were extreemly hospitible and made us feel very relaxed. A beautiful property and garden, our stay was in the Moroccan Room, superbly comfortable goose down duvet and pillows - much needed after our long walk. Superb hospitality, thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheCoop45
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this B&B after a very late booking whilst walking The Ridgeway. Carolyn was so accommodating. The house is large, grand and beautiful. I stayed in a double which had everything you would wish for, very comfy bed, clean, quiet and my own bathroom. As soon as I arrived I was greeted with a cup of tea, first time from any B&B I've stayed at.

Breakfast was fantastic and something Carolyns husband loved doing. The best breakfast all week! Lovely people moments from the town centre and easily within walking distance if you too are walking The famous Ridgeway like I was. A wonderful stay - thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jono_C123
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was such a great B&B for our short trip to Wallingford for a wedding. Bill took great care of us, made a wonderful breakfast and even got up at 4am to make an early to go meal for us as we headed back to Heathrow. The Moroccan room was beautiful, the bathroom immaculate and the bed was sooo comfortable. The B&B is within walking distance of the High Street and some great restaurants (visit The Old Post Office) and there is a Waitrose about 2 blocks away. It was an easy 45 mins from Heathrow and a great base to explore the Oxford area. If/when we head back that way, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
George Hotel
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Crowmarsh Gifford
The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant

Been to The Old School House? Share your experiences!