“What a wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wallingford
The Old School House
Ranked #2 of 13 Wallingford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this B&B after a very late booking whilst walking The Ridgeway. Carolyn was so accommodating. The house is large, grand and beautiful. I stayed in a double which had everything you would wish for, very comfy bed, clean, quiet and my own bathroom. As soon as I arrived I was greeted with a cup of tea, first time from any B&B I've stayed at.

Breakfast was fantastic and something Carolyns husband loved doing. The best breakfast all week! Lovely people moments from the town centre and easily within walking distance if you too are walking The famous Ridgeway like I was. A wonderful stay - thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jono_C123
There are newer reviews for The Old School House

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was such a great B&B for our short trip to Wallingford for a wedding. Bill took great care of us, made a wonderful breakfast and even got up at 4am to make an early to go meal for us as we headed back to Heathrow. The Moroccan room was beautiful, the bathroom immaculate and the bed was sooo comfortable. The B&B is within walking distance of the High Street and some great restaurants (visit The Old Post Office) and there is a Waitrose about 2 blocks away. It was an easy 45 mins from Heathrow and a great base to explore the Oxford area. If/when we head back that way, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed recently for a family party taking place down the road and felt very welcome. The advantage of choosing a b & b over a hotel is getting the chance to stay in a lovely house like this one and to walk in the garden after a terrific breakfast. The Moroccan style room was great and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Duvet and pillows really top quality and the bathroom replete with full bottles of quality toiletries. We felt more like personal guests and would definitely recommend it and stay there again. It would be a fabulous place to base yourself and tour the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harryasta
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am a business traveler, so stay often in hotels and not so often in B&B's. However, this was recommended to me by a colleague as a superior accommodation to the hotel(s) in town, which I have stayed at in the past. I will say the recommendation was correct - this place is great - comfortable accommodation, great breakfast and kind hosts! Recommended 100% and will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the morrocan room - A+
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is an gem of a place with beautiful furnishings and a warm welcome from Carolyn and Bill, for whom nothing seems to be too much trouble. We have stayed here twice and I am sure we shall be back in the future.

Wallingford is a lovely little town, ideally placed for exploring the area and The Old School House is the perfect place to stay whilst doing that - stoked up by the most comprehensive "cooked English breakfast" possible, cooked to your own personal requirements.

Perfect!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Moroccan (en suite) and the Double (with separate bathroom) rooms and have no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jktraveller73
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Absolutely perfect, a lovely friendly welcome, a beautiful room, the house and garden are lovely and Bill and Carolyn are great hosts. Carolyn's first words [after her welcome] were "would you like a cup of tea?" music to our ears after a long journey. We honestly could not have wished for anything more, the bed was like sleeping in a cloud and the bathroom one that you just didn't want to leave, the L'Occitaine kept me there. I highly recommend this lovely B&B it ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just like the house, lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rumbley
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a stunning, stunning house in a very convenient location. I stayed in the Morrocan Room and it was luxurious, comfortable and had lots of lovely touches. Carolyn and Bill are the perfect hosts, and nothing was too much trouble. And I think it was a draw on which of them made the best poached eggs! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jane E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
George Hotel
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Crowmarsh Gifford
The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant

Been to The Old School House? Share your experiences!