“Bubbly and friendly staff”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #33 of 57 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bubbly and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were passing in the area yesterday and fancied a bite to eat where we could sit outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine.
We came across the boathouse and what a lovely experience we had. The food was lovely and excellent value for money they also had a huge selection ofvice cold beverages which was just lovely to sit in the garden which is situated right on the thames. The bar team were ever so helpful and went out of their way to help me with my newborn baby by helping down the stairs with his pushchair and warming his bottle for me.
I would like to thank jordan in particular as he is a true assett to the team. Overall a lovely afternoon and we will be sure to return in the future.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Christina C

Sutton Courtenay, England, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I try to find some good in every place i visit, plus i haven't reviewed anywhere so close to home before. However this place left me so "amazed" by it poor service I just had to write a review.
We had cycled over to wallingford from home on a lovely sunny afternoon, so by the time we passed the The Boat House we were in need of refreshment...The outside area was okay a bit messy? but we were under trees? empty glasses on every table?
Hubby went in to get drinks...he's noted as not one for queuing or waiting...I waited after 7 minutes I walked inside expecting to see him..dead on the floor, having a fight, or a game of pool...he was the only one there, he'd ordered the drinks and was waiting and waiting...he waited over 10 minutes...for a pint of cider and a pimms-which came to £9. We shall not be back!

Visited June 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Boat House, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Loudnorthernbird, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras
Surrey
“Unexpectedly Awful”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Having experienced many excellent pubs on The Thames we were shocked at how awful this pub was on a Sunday afternoon. It was almost impossible to talk to anyone over the deafening heavy music blasting out. There were several intimidating drunks lurching around, and the outside terrace was filthy with uncollected glasses and plates on every table. What a real shame.

• Visited May 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Boat House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Cuddleyian, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras
“Mixed Experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Dined over May Bank Holiday & some previous comments valid. Food was good value, clientele mixed, staffing level inadequate though they were very helpful & courteous.

Wantage, United Kingdom
“Excellent Everytime!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Me and my husband come here around 3 times aweek. Whatever Nikki is doing to her team shes doing great. Always outstanding service from jordan and stacey, If they carry on following in nikki footsteps they will be going far with there jobs and life. This pub offers great drinks and food and is lovely when the sun is out, to sit by the river, believe me or not, but the other bad commments are just rubbish, The food is fresh and the fish is not microwaved, everypub gets there bad customers. if you want a quite drink, with a cheap bite to eat, with friendly staff this is the place to go.