“Great food, iffy surroundings.”
Review of Thai Corner

Thai Corner
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Authentic in every way but in UK we expect nicer surroundings. Still, there aren't so many That places you can nitpick that much.

1  Thank dsssssss

Reviewed February 16, 2014

It didn't start well. As we descended the stairs we nearly tripped over a sign warning us that the floor was wet. What an understatement. The floor was soaked. Don't worry said the waitress that greeted us it's just ground water coming up through the floor here. Ok. We paddled after her into the restaurant where the floors were dry. The walls however were not. The wallpaper was soaked where water was coming in. I really did worry we might be buried alive. Food arrived. Mixed starter was dull and rather tasteless. I had fish for main that was ok; sauce a little thin. Husband loved his Beef with basil. Was pretty cheap. But that's not enough to make me go back. Ever.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is the best thai restaurant in the area.The whole experiance is great.The food is very authentic and always arrives piping hot and outstanding presentation.The service is outstanding from delightful staff.If you are going make sure you book as they do get very busey. You will not be dissapointed.Without doubt this deserves a five star rating.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Having read great reviews, and looking forward to the experience... I was sadly disappointed, staff very friendly and welcoming, service was distinctly average, food was OK ish, prawn crackers were a bit soft...never a good sign, we did discuss making our excuses and leaving. We decided to give it a whirl, starters were OK, main course ummmm, although the Thai salad was excellent. Prices were acceptable but I wouldn't rush back, on reflection I would probably give it a miss and else where.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very small intimate table area, somtimes be a little too close to the next table, meals were good well served, we did ask that the meals were free from added gluten, she did'nt really know what I was asking about, so we took a chance, I suffered that night with a bloated stomach.