“Bland and poorly cooked but they tried hard”
Review of Shangki-Li

Shangki-Li
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am pretty sure I could have cooked it better myself. Hardly any flavour despite being described as hot. Noodles were hard. They tried hard with the service but the food came out 5 minutes part for each person. I won't go back.

1  Thank James R

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been coming to The Shangki-Li in Cholsey for over 10 years now... I have never had a bad meal or been dissapointed with the levels of service. This is undoubtedly THE BEST Chinese restaurant I have ever visited and the food is always of consistant, unparalleled, high quality in comparison to any other Chinese restaurant or takeaway I have come across.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I used to be a regular here when I lived down river a couple of miles. I came with a friend and was disappointed - the food was average and over-priced and the staff were intent on selling up at every opportunity. Despite the fact that I am now resident within a mile of the restaurant I will not be making a return visit. sorry :(

1  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have been here a number of times now. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The place itself is above a Tesco Express...but you would never know! Cholsey village itself is a lovely little place.

The food is fresh and agreeable. We typically have the banquet and it is good. I must admit I find the starters particularly good - smoked chicken, spring rolls, Mongolian lamb, satay chicken, won ton... And then we get more :)

The main courses are tasty...sizzling chicken with ginger a well ordered main dish. Plenty of veggie stuff all freshly stir fried too!

Overall a very good experience. It is a set menu cost and you can order what you like. The beer is Tsing Tao and ok...

1  Thank OXAL
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a good reliable Chinese, the food is plentiful, service always good, and friendly, and the quality is very good for the price.
The restaurant is above the local Tesco express, and is in need of an update, but is always busy, so this makes up for the lack lustre decor.
Have been a number of times, as you know exactly what you are going to get lots of good Chinese food.