“Love this place!”
Review of Avanti

Avanti
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Benson, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My mum and dad were over from Cyprus, and usually when we go out for a meal my mum is always disappointed. Not this time! We are regulars so we took them to what we call our little slice of Italy. As always we were made welcome, my mum has food allergies but luca catered to her every need, needless to say she was very impressed, and extremely happy. My husband and I will be going back very soon for some more delicious food.

Woodcote, United Kingdom
“Italian Gem”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Avanti is a small family run restaurant and the food is amazing. Luca greets you like an old friend and makes you feel very welcome. I had scallops from the specials menu and they were mouth watering.The seafood linguine is the best I've ever had and had lots of seafood in it. You almost feel you're in Italy.
The white rioja complemented the food perfectly. All in all a brilliant night with good food, company and wine!!

Maidenhead
“Friendly and lovely food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal, part fixed price lunch menu and part daily special. We had had a limoncello dessert last time and the owner made it up specially for us this time. Wonderful!

“Full house!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Having been many times before, the quality of food, ambience and service is well known to us. As always Luca and the team did not disappoint. We had a super meal, great entertaining service and a thoroughly good evening. Good value and fresh food. All in all 10/10. It is worth mentioning that every table was booked, the restaurant was full to capacity, most of whom seemed to be regulars.

Visited January 2014
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and ambience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a friend and had a most enjoyable meal. I had Dover sole from the specials board, whilst my friend had veal from the main menu.
My friend struggled to read the menu due to her poor eyesight and the low lighting in the restaurant. Luca noticed this and redirected one of the spotlights above the table onto my friend's menu.
The attention given to us during the meal was great without being intrusive. Nothing is ever too much trouble in this small restaurant. It was busy as usual.
I have used this restaurant for a number of years and have never had a critism to make. It's a great little restaurant where people are well looked after.
My friend and I really appreciate the staff and owners of this little gem of a restaurant. I hope they stay and keep up the good work for many years to come.
They could do with larger premises so that more people can enjoy the lovely food.