“AMAZING”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“AMAZING”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Loved my experince here, brought my parents for a meal based on a friends suggestion and it couldnt have been bettered. Luca was a star gently teasing my dad about his decision to parmesan on everything...also when our desserts arrived and one was not what we expected Luca took this as a challenge and produced a new desert that matched our expectation. It was fabulous we felt like family and were given complementary limoncello. Will definitely return as soon as we get chance

Visited November 2012

“A proper Italian”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit and won't be our last!

Good superb, service great and reasonably priced. We had a great evening - my only problem was that I was so stuffed I couldn't manage their Tiramisu which I was gutted about.

Gorgeous mussels and veal escalope a la crema with Prosecco and a nice touch with a complimentary limoncello when paying the bill.

Would highly recommend and will definitely be back.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm, Welcoming and Tasty”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a cold Saturday this restaurant was just the place to go for a tasty lunch. The room was warm along with the welcome. The new lunch time special menu had some lovely choices. I opted for the slow cooked tomato and basil soup, followed by the risotto. The soup was full of tomato and a lovely starter. The risotto was creamy and full of flavour and just delightful. An espresso coffee was all that was needed to finish the meal. We were well looked after and nothing was too much effort. Will make this the place to go each time we visit Wallingford!

• Visited February 2013
Moulsford on Thames, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food, in wallingford”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to avanti, on a Wednesday night, the restaurant was busy, so pleased we booked.
It is so nice to be able to go out to eat mid week and have some atmosphere.
We only had starter and pasta, but both were very good.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“My Favourite restaurant, literally in the world”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I grew up in Wallingford but have since moved all over the world, however this still remains my one and only favourite restaurant. I have spent my 21st birthday here as well as numerous other special occasions because it is exactly that, special. I always order the same, Bruscetta to start, garlic bread with cheese and most importantly always the Spaghetti Pomodoro. Sounds simple yes, but I have absolutely no desire to try anything new because these dishes are perfection. Always absolutely bursting with flavour, perfect texture, just perfect. I have been hundreds of times, Ive visited alone, with my partner, with friends, huge groups and all have been perfect. Whenever I am home I always visit, all sizes of groups are catered for. The music and atmosphere is wonderful, Luca is charismatic and the waitresses are attentive. Perfect for intimate dates or for big groups! Simply my favourite place and I would absolutely recommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2012