“White Apron”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited with 4 male friends, all over 40 , had an enjoable meal even though they got my order wrong , there was no problem it was quickly rectified . Good choice of food and reasonable wine list. Having a pub on the ground floor selling a good selection of real ale was a bonus.
Will visite again

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our friends held their wedding reception at the White Apron which made an already fabulous day perfect. The food was lovely and as someone who has a sweet tooth I can honestly say the dessert was heavenly and the best I have tasted. I always appreciate good service and the White Apron did not disappoint with the staff being very friendly and attentive. I will definitely recommend the restaurant and will be going back!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Friends of mine had their wedding reception at The White Apron and it was a great venue. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The food was devine and the service impeccable! with perfect timing. The atmosphere was really lovely and I would most certainly visit again, it is a true little gem!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a lovely restaurant with exceptionally nice staff. Food was very well cooked and good portion sizes. Bar prices were reasonable. We took along our two children who were more than accommodated. Our 5 year old is fussy and had plain pasta followed by nice ice cream. Staff were nice and helpful and carried our baby pushchair up and down the steps for us. As it was a carrycot with a newborn baby we also had the pushchair placed right next to the table. Only downfall no baby changing but saying that next time I go it would be a night out just me and my husband. It had such a nice atmosphere I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate here recently on a Thursday evening after we had been given a voucher by friends. We arrived at 7.30 for our booking and we were quite surprised to see that there was no one else dining - left at 9.00 and there had been no other customers and the staff locked up and left as we waiting for our taxi outside.

The restaurant is very nice, the decor is modern and tasteful. The menu choice was good, mainly mediteranean food. I had french onion soup, lamb kleftika and baileys cheesecake, my partner had squid and chorizo, chicken and pancetta risotto and cheesecake.

The food was excellent, very tasty and good portion sizes, nicely presented. The waiter (assumed he was the manager) was attentive and friendly.

It was such a shame that we were the only diners as we felt a little uncomfortable being in a restaurant on our own. We would visit again, but probably on a weekend evening when hopefully it would be busier.