“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here before so was hoping for a decent meal.
Whilst the service was very good, the staff being polite and very attentive the mains was utterly disappointing.
The starter was excellent but despite both mains being recommended, my daughter and I agreed it was less than average. My steak on the mixed grill was inedible, in fact I took it home to my dogs and my daughters burger was dry and tasteless.
I'd be very reluctant to dine here again

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear anniemxLeigh

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Swan in regards to the food you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

There are newer reviews for The Swan

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the Swan on Sunday at 5.30pm with high hopes of a lovely Sunday roast. We were greeted by staff and informed of a 40min wait for a table but we were happy to get a drink and wait. There seemed to be a lovely atmosphere and we sat by the log fire. We were even considering booking for new year's eve! But then it started to go downhill. The staff seemed to be apologising for one thing or another to everyone leaving. We found out why when we ordered our food. It was a nice simple order of 2 roast beef dinners -easy. 15 mins after ordering the waitress returned to tell us that there were no roast potatoes left so would we have garlic potatoes. We said yes -not that we had much choice! We waited again and were "entertained" by other customers complaining about the waiting time and the food. Our food eventually arrived after about 35mins - what a let down! Although the beef was very nice, it was served with a flat, soggy yorks pud, a couple of tiny "garlic potatoes" and some very undercooked veg. The promise of "unlimited"gravy was experienced by customers at another table who received an egg cup full of gravy between 3 after they had finished their meal! Everyone seemed to be complaining. We were not offered a sweet but were glad as this tiny meal and two drinks came to £30. We paid the bill and left hungry. What had seemed so promising turned out to be a real disappointment. This place could be really nice but they need to sort out the food and service quickly before they lose all their custom.

Dear cubablue7

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Swan in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We hadn't been here ever since we experienced bad service when it first changed hands but went on the spur of the moment a few weeks back. Service was quick and friendly and the food was great. Hoping it wasn't a one off and if we return again it will hopefully be as good as it was all those years back.

1  Thank MrsCH2
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ate here on Sunday afternoon oh dear what a disappointment apart from waiting an hour for a table the service was so slow and the staff just did not seem to care or know what they were doing. We had the Sunday roast although the meat was great the rest was undercooked and small and very very slow in coming, then we had to wait over 30 minutes for any body to ask if we wanted anything else, when we asked about the sweets we were given two different selections so we paid our bill and left. When is this place going to get management who care about their pub and the customers it is a great shame!!

1  Thank Parpot
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Parpot

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visited The Swan very recently (Friday 12th October) and found the waitress serving us to be very welcoming and chatty. Emma (our waitress) was very polite and informative about their new menu, giving great suggesstions about our food choices. Emma was very attentative and helpful, she did as much as possible to cater for our needs.

1  Thank Beverly C