“Lovely girly dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ego Mediterranean Restaurant - Stockton Heath

Ego Mediterranean Restaurant - Stockton Heath
Ranked #8 of 410 Restaurants in Warrington
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ego has an amazing location in Stockton Heath and benefits from free car parking in the Aldi car park as well as a lovely terrace that catches the sunshine all afternoon.
Leeds, UK
“Lovely girly dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went early one Saturday evening in case we fancied the early bird fixed price menu. We didn't, so ate a la carte.

Quite an eclectic Mediterranean mixed menu and I settled on the koftas and special pasta - linguini with smoked salmon, peas, broad beans and asparagus with a creamy sauce. My friend had the chorizo and sea bass. We had a bottle of house Rioja. Then added a couple of cocktails after seeing the ladies on the table next to us sipping some.

What's great about this place is the service. From the time we arrived to when we left it was personal and discreet and came naturally. IE the waitress heard us debating whether to have cocktails and brought the menu over pointing out it was 2 4 1 until 7pm...it was 18:55. She was happy to change the side salad with my starter (I can't abide raw carrot) and asked the chef on the tartness of the orange tart. It turned out to be quite sweet so I opted for the cheese board for 'desert'.

It was huge! The chutney with it was gorgeous. My pal's chocolate tart was delicious and very generous.

We'd spent a lovely couple of hours nattering eating good food and enjoying a few drinks too many. The place was filling up as we were finishing but we weren't hurried to leave.

I think it's slightly over priced - best part of £90 for the two of us. But at the same time I didn't feel ripped off. There are offers to be had - we just didn't fancy the fixed price mains. But then, great service does not come cheap.

I'd happily go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

warrington
“A game of two halves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Love this restaurant - great people, great food and good value. Last Friday was a little mixed though with the special ( Spanish tuna stew) being very ordinary indeed . On the flip side my wife's pasta was one of the best I've ever had ( well jell) ! My big gripe in restaurants is having the smell of floor cleaning chemicals attacking my nose while I am eating and this happened to me last Friday and To me it destroys the experience so I just wanted to feed that back . I will be back - often - thanks Ego's

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Poor food on two consecutive occasions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I ordered a haloumi kebab with salad and couscous. The haloumi kebab was tasteless as was the couscous (which was also cold) and the tabouleh salad.

Last time, I ordered beef bourguignon. I like salt in my food but this was so salty that I couldn't eat it. The person who took it away tasted it too and agreed. They provided me a tasteless risotto as an alternative and they didn't offer to compensate me for the fact that my friend had finished her meal before I even started mine.

I live in the village and like to eat out for lunch quite often. Please can you improve the flavours in your food but don't include MSG to do this - just cook tasty food!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joanne R, Guest Relations Manager at Ego Mediterranean Restaurant - Stockton Heath, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Many thanks for your honest and frank review and we're sorry to read about your dining experience with us. Ego Restaurants prides itself on great food and great customer service and it seems that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations, I would be be grateful if you could please forward your contact details to info@egorestaurants.co.uk to enable our General Manager to contact you to discuss your visit. Best wishes
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good food but no atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good lunchtime menu and good kids' meals too. We went late in the afternoon and they were still happy to serve us from the lunchtime menu. Food well presented and tasty. Youngest granddaughter made a fair mess and we managed to knock over a full glass of drink and the staff dealt with it all cheerfully. Will go again.

Visited January 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all customer feedback and we hope you will visit again soon.
Atherton, United Kingdom
“Mediterranean heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Reasonably priced , tasty food with a nice selection of dishes from around the Med. There is something for everyone and can satisfy even vegetarians and steak lovers alike.
Desserts are scrumptious and large portions. This is a buzzy restaurant and can get a bit noisy when there are large tables in especially at weekends but quieter during the week.
Service is friendly and efficient , even when they are extremely busy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words, we love hearing from all our customers and we do hope to see you again very soon.