“all round great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ego Mediterranean Restaurant - Stockton Heath

Ego Mediterranean Restaurant - Stockton Heath
Ranked #8 of 410 Restaurants in Warrington
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ego has an amazing location in Stockton Heath and benefits from free car parking in the Aldi car park as well as a lovely terrace that catches the sunshine all afternoon.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“all round great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went to the refurbished EGO's after having several good times there in the past. It looks great very modern every where looks alot brighter and the food was great we had the lamb tagene, (the menu is slightly different). Excellent food and service, especialy from Rob. He is an asset to the restaurant nice, polite and good looking as well! What a bonus.

• Visited June 2012

cheshire
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Food was really good, service was excellent. The house wine was surprisingly good. The deserts were fabulous, we shared the sharing plate which was delicious. A great treat for lunch

Visited April 2012
Wigan, England
“Great offer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had a voucher for 40% off when i went, had a lovely meal wine was good cant remember name though. Service was good not pushy.

Visited February 2012
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, very average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I’ve been to Ego a few times in Stockton Heath and to be perfectly honest I’ve never been very impressed. I went this Friday just gone with a group of friends from work (there were about 15 of us all together). All though the restaurant was pretty quiet aside from our table, the service (although very polite) was very slow.

I ordered a medium rare sirloin steak with dolcelatte sauce. Everyone had their meals apart from me and they brought out a medium fillet steak. I presumed it was for someone else so sat and waited for my sirloin – turned out they had it down wrong so I ended up with the medium fillet after all. I wasn’t too bothered, but it was more well done than medium, and it definitely wasn’t a fillet – it was quite chewy. They took it off the bill anyway so I wasn’t complaining; it was just a little disappointing. The dolcelatte sauce that came tasted just like gravy, not cheesy, and funnily enough was the exact same colour as the peppercorn sauce – I think they have one sauce for all and just chuck a bit of something in (peppercorns, cheese) each time a different sauce is ordered.

Didn’t have a dessert but have to admit the brownies that came out for others on my table looked and smelled gorgeous.

Staff were very polite, just quite slow. All in all, a very average restaurant and there are much much better in Stockton Heath.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stocktonhfoodie
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

The service here was pretty good and I had high hopes to food would match it, but was disappointed.

I ordered the chorizo for my starter which consisted of a huge bowl of meat with three small chunks of bread so I ended up leaving half of it. For £6 I felt a bit cheated. I paid £11 for the haddock risotto which was on special. It was fine but quite rich and samey; not worth the money in my opinion. Not a bad place to eat by any means, but I came away dissatisfied, wishing I'd spent my money elsewhere.

• Visited May 2012