“Cheap & Cheerfull”

Premier Inn Warrington Centre Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
“Cheap & Cheerfull”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ok, here's the important thing to remember, we paid £58, yes £58 for TWO nights here.

Largely because I booked well in advance.

As such, this review is based upon what I paid.

Car park is fine, plenty of spaces & never full.

The Front desk girls were very friendly & most helpful. In no way could they have done any more to help.

The room was basic, BUT it was immaculately clean & the bed was comfy.

The pub over the road was exactly what you would expect it to be, cheap & cheerful. So long as that's what you are expecting & you dont mind it being that, you will enjoy it. The staff over there were excellent. The food was ok, but again, when paying £12 for 2 meals what do you really expect?

Local family members had tipped us off for a breakfast at a local Toby Carvery that was much better value, so we went there (I believe its only available at weekends though).

As I said before, we paid peanuts & what we got was way & above what we could have expected.

The rooms could do with an update, but there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with them at all.

If I had paid £100 per night, I would have been slightly disappointed at what I got, but at £29 I was delighted !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RIchardHCarr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Holyhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lovely hotel and staff. Picturesque and tranquil setting. Waterside restaurant next door in the gardens served good food at reasonable prices. However, the breakfast although plentiful was of poorer quality than other premier inns we have stayed in. This would not deter me from staying again though. Rooms in the hotel were the usual excellent premier inn quality, clean and comfortable and yes, we had a lovely guaranteed sleep. River walk by day is a bonus but not to be undertaken on a night time. Hotel is well situated for shopping etc in the town centre and near enough for the nightlife in the evening.

Room Tip: Hotel is so quiet and situated sufficient distance from the Waterside restaurant that revellers caus...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
cumbria
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel and and we loved it. Just would like to say how brilliant Shaun was. He was very helpful and pleasant and he couldn`t do enough for us. We had a meal next door at the Waterside and got 4 drinks and 4 meals for £20. Yes £20 and it was lovely. Very good quality indeed. Would stay again. Thanks

Only downside in our room (14) was the tiles in the bathroom were loose and needed attention.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
fife, Scotland
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent value, comfortable beds and pillows, pretty much same as other Premier Inns I've stayed in. So much better than Travelodge. Had breakfast in the pub opposite, again excellent quality and very friendly helpful staff

Room Tip: we were on side opposite railway never heard a sound even with windows open
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Heywood
Reviewed June 24, 2013

this hotel is in walking distance to the shops bars and restaurants this is the perfect location..
We would go back and stay in this hotel again
.We would not recommend the walk back from the town to the hotel by side of the pub which is quite scary late at night it goes by the river under a dark bridge stick to the main road

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nederland, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

As two travelers from America, we were not sure how staying in a budget chain in another country would work out. However, we were pleasantly surprised! Staff throughout (from check in to housekeeping) were friendly and helpful. The pub/restaurant next door has some amazing food that is worth a try! They even have some American foods which was a nice surprise.

The room was clean, and not at all small. We've heard so many people say the rooms overseas are smaller, but we found it to be comfortable and normal. The view was pretty good and the area is nice and quiet. No street noise.

The bathroom was nice although I have to say the tub was treacherous to get into because of the high sides. But that is just a minor complaint.

I am giving them four stars instead of five. While the friendliness and cleanliness, as well as the pub, were all worthy of five stars (if not more), there was no phone in the room which I found to be rather odd, and the wi-fi wasn't free. Granted, it was only £3 for 24 hours which is not bad at all, but it would be nice if it were free.

The room didn't have a/c (that I could see) but it wasn't needed. Also, they supplied a standing fan and that cooled off the room plenty, which is a nice touch.

Overall... a very very nice stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night mid week as I had a meeting the next day in Warrington. I've stayed in quite a few Premier Inn's and although this one was a little tired it was clean and had everything I needed. The breakfast the next day was great too. Parking was free and if I was staying in Warrington again for work I definetly would stay here. I was a bit worried after I got to my room as I heard some trains but once asleep they did not disturb me at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business