“I love the Sensory Centre! (Oh - and so does my son!!)”

Warrington Play & Sensory Centre
Ranked #14 of 49 things to do in Warrington
Reviewed September 10, 2013

There's not a lot of places I can comfortably take my boy - his epilepsy and a side order of autism make general soft play areas a bit of a nightmare. So for us, the sensory centre has been a real life line. My lad can vary between extremely bright and bouncy, to times when he's pretty out of it and chilled. Wherever he is, however, the centre is perfect for him - He can lounge about on the settees or on the wibbly water bed, or when he's brighter he can climb round the soft play equipment or whoosh down the slide with a big grin on his face. Whatever he does there, he is content and SAFE. We get no odd looks from other kids, or much worse - parents! I don't feel like I'm judged - I know that's probably more my own paranoia kicking in, but sometimes the pitying looks from others, whilst well meaning, can be hurtful. Finally, for the first time ever, I was able to invite the whole of his class at a special needs school for his birthday party - some of the kids had never been invited to a birthday party before and they were all teenagers.
Wonderful place, wonderful staff - could not recommend it more highly.
Oh - and we also get to chat with other families through "Warrington Parents and Carers" - great support to feel less isolated and find out what's going on in Warrington.

8  Thank gthall

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fabulous staff host a relaxed environment with lots of sensory activities and soft play for children and adults with additional needs.

7  Thank ClairePerrins