“Mid week tea time treat - Lovely but not told about switch not working before eating”

Mr Lau's Dim Sum Bar + Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 431 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set within the impressive Cameo Cinema building on Springfield St., Warrington Mr Lau's Dim Sum Bar + Restaurant is a revolution to Chinese cuisine. Mr Lau's uses a traditional Peking cooking style, acquired through the founder's rich culinary experience. After escaping Chairman Mao's revolution, Mr Lau spent years in Hong Kong perfecting his cooking techniques. Eventually he brought his knowledge to England where his granddaughter now continues his legacy. At the ultra contemporary bar, one can enjoy an extensive choice of exotic cocktails, oriental beers, wines and bar snacks. Open daily from midday to midnight, reservations recommended but are not essential.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and my husband went here last night a spur of the moment thing, we normaly go to one around the corner which I have wrote about lots of times in the past and that to is very nice but this one is lovely.
Staff were warm and friendly, very nice decor and I loved the way it is all planned out so you can see in the kitchen. (spotless, I like that very much). I thought the celing looked like a work of art with its extra large lampshades and all the air con ducts and the iron work of the roof it looks realy good.
The food - we had two courses for £12.90 - we both had the honey ribs they were nice - main Chilli king prawns and char-sui - Both of these were absouloutly lovely - Tiger beer £4.00 a bottle. The bill came to £35.25 this was our only part we were a little upset with. When we came in we were told the internet was not working so they had no music on, but this did not bother us at all but then later the music came on.
when we asked to pay the bill we went to use the switch card and was told it was not working but we could nip out to the bank which was round the corner and draw our money out and then come back and pay the bill (it is a little further than around the corner thab that, its around the corner down the road cross the road and then carry on further and then it is outside the shopping mall - not a good practice you should have explained that cash cards were no excepted today instead that would have been much better)
We did manage to have enough cash on us, but that ruined a nice meal for us rooting around seeing what you had on you and if it would be enough.

There are newer reviews for Mr Lau's Dim Sum Bar + Restaurant

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were presented with three menus to choose from which made a bewildering choice. The lighting was very poor to read from the menus.
Found it very expensive for just ok meals.
The rice portions are pitifully small. Are you sure that's fried rice. You had to pick through it to check ?
Atmosphere was ok.
Average is about as good as I can get.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The food was ok, I ordered a dish from the specials menu with a side order but really needed rice or noodles to go with it as it wasn't enough, the waiter should have recommended this. The free drink on the special offer menu was alcoholic, what if you don't drink or are pregnant? The music was much too loud and the lighting was annoying, it was also very cold in there. Probably wouldn't go back again.

1  Thank SuziSoo1
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Atmosphere lively and quite trendy. Table quite small but food is excellent and v well presented.
Staff v helpful. Lots of groups in who seemed v happy to, overall a v good find.

1  Thank amcranny
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I found Mr Lau's quite by chance. Tucked away above a hairdressers in the centre of Warrington is this absolute gem of a restaurant and bar.

I visited at lunchtime and found the restaurant buzzing with atmosphere. The welcome that I was given was warm and genuine and I was asked whether I wanted to sit in the main dining area or the bar area. As I was on my own I chose the latter.

There is a great selection of dishes available at lunchtime and I decided on 'salt and pepper ribs' followed by a 'quarter of crispy duck' with all the trimmings. They were both fabulous and very good value for money.

I would certainly return to Mr Lau's again. 10 out of 10 for both customer service and quality of food! It would be ideal for a business lunch or an office party.