“Very good chinese”

Ranked #4 of 425 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set within the impressive Cameo Cinema building on Springfield St., Warrington Mr Lau's Dim Sum Bar + Restaurant is a revolution to Chinese cuisine. Mr Lau's uses a traditional Peking cooking style, acquired through the founder's rich culinary experience. After escaping Chairman Mao's revolution, Mr Lau spent years in Hong Kong perfecting his cooking techniques. Eventually he brought his knowledge to England where his granddaughter now continues his legacy. At the ultra contemporary bar, one can enjoy an extensive choice of exotic cocktails, oriental beers, wines and bar snacks. Open daily from midday to midnight, reservations recommended but are not essential.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good chinese”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We turned up here as our chosen place to eat was full. They had plenty of space and sat us down with no problems. Initially the menu looked quite strange, as it was choose your meat and sauce - but actually that seemed logical. Very reasonably priced. Hot and tasty food.

Staff unobtrusively helpful. No problems.

Food good - beef with ginger and spring onions excellent - the chicken with mushroom tasted a little strange.

Would certainly go here again.

1 Thank CheerfulElephant

“Dim Sumtastic”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After hearing lots of very good recommendations from work colleagues and my own wife, myself and wife attended on 27/04/2013 I rang earlier in the day and queried the need to book to which I was advised it would be favorable.

I booked a table for 2 online and selected the Standard A La Carte Menu from the drop down box when checking I realised i could have chosen early bird so I rang the restuarant and was told we would be given an early bird menu if we arrived before 7 my name was quoted to prove the reservation had been received.

We arrived at the restaurant 15 mins earlier we were asked if we had booked I gave my name and we were seated, drinks orders were taken my wife ordered cocktails and were told they would be a bit delayed due to a large order.

We opted for the Early Bird Menu (3 course for £11.95) I had Mr Lau's Hot & Sour Soup my wife when for Crab and Sweetcorn both were piping hot and took over 15 minutes to eat very filling, once finished we were asked if we were ready for our next course which was the dim sum I had Satay Chicken Skewers and my wife had Har Gau (Steamed Prawn Dumpling) both we very tasty again we were asked if we were ready for our next course once finished. I had King Prawn Satay half and half (chips and steamed rice) and my wife had King Prawn ChilLI & Garlic with steamed rice, for the price of the whole menu the portion sizes are very reasonable and filling.

Overall the whole experience was very enjoyable the service was very customer focused our waiter was polite and kept us up to date with drinks delays and making sure the meal was ok, at one point when he was serving other customers another waiter saw that our dim sum had finished and stepped in to make sure we weren't left waitng.

I would highly recommend this restaurant I am going back again in less than a week with a big group of work colleagues I can't wait.

1 Thank Seguhi
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My first visit to Mr Lau's excellent food I messed about with the offered menu because of special dietary needs and was not made to feel strange. Food was beautifully presented piping hot and was served quickly. Excellent cheeky cocktail and all reasonably priced. Staff were warm friendly and efficient. A very happy experience many thanks to the team, especially Tom

Boston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place knows about customer service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hi reviewer I would like to say to potential customers here to pick this place if your ever in warrington. I have been here a couple of times with my girlfriend and she just loves it I have even travelled from Lincolnshire where I live just to eat here and go back home again its well worth the service is faultless the management know everything there is about customer service and they take there time to listen to special needs you have and they make it happen as a disabled Iraq war veteran they help disabled people very while still keeping dignity of customer fellow brothers of ex forces go here they will look after you like you wouldn't believe the food will fill you up and I cant eat for a day after as the food is so good and filling warrington has a gem in there town and when people of warrington wake up and realise I think we will be booking tables in advance as this place is a must for a great night out unlike other places in warrington this place has set a high bench mark for the rest to try and meet but as yet none are close I will travel across country many times in the future to eat here just because its a great place to relax and eat great food and the chefs are first class watching them cook is like watching a skilled craftsman creating a master piece on each meal they send out thank you for so many great nights see you in a few days. what shall I have next time

1 Thank paulm543_13
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go again!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went to Mr Laus for the first time on Friday night with a couple of girl friends. Food, service & atmosphere was second to none, the staff and owner were all great and really friendly. Already planning my next visit, would definitely recommend to anyone!!

1 Thank Vtaylo