“Great food, great service”

The Courtyard Cafe Bistro
Ranked #6 of 479 Restaurants in Warrington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went for the first time to Thursday Tapas night with my husband. Had one set Del Dia and a few extra dishes. Service was excellent and food fantastic. Will definitely be going back. The fact that you can take your own drinks keeps it really economical.

1  Thank Lynne T

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went for first time tonight, been meaning to go for a while. Lovely little restaurant, this place is something special and not like anything else in the locality. It's much needed and welcomed. It is often booked up, was pretty full tonight (mid week) and after eating the food myself I understand why. Great service, waiting staff very pleasant and attentive - the balance is perfectly right, you dont feel rushed, but are certainaly not left waiting. It is unlicensed so take your own wine/beer - the staff are very quick to put them in the cooler for you and they remember which drinks belong to which tables, no problem. £1 per person corkage regardless of how much you drink
The food is of a very high standard, high level restaurant quality, presentation is fantastic. Menu isn't overly large, but there is still a wide range something for everyone (and I am a fussier eater). Everything we had was freshly home made - we had 3 courses, even desert was home made, and it fair to say some places can be great at 2 course quality food and cheat with a pre-packed slice of cake with a few fresh fruits for desert - not the case at courtyard. Every plate for every course was completly cleared. If I had to give any grumble - it would not be around the food, or the service, just that it gets a little warm in the dining room when busy (maybe a ceiling fan would help?) but I am being picky and certainly won't rate the courtyard down as a result. Will be back and becoming a regular.

2  Thank Bitbob22
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came here with our extended, local family for dinner one Saturday evening recently ... and we were not disappointed in any way. We were warmly welcomed, comfortably seated and offered a good choice from a £25.00 set-price, 3 course dinner and there was an appropriate selection from the children's menu at a very reasonable cost (£7.00). The food was delicious, perfectly cooked and presented. My regret is that I was unable for dessert owing to the generous portions of the first two courses! My grandchildren ate everything offered! The young, waiting staff were superb throughout the evening - attentive while unintrusive.
That this eatery was full to overflowing that evening says a lot about its reputation and popularity. When next in the neighbourhood, I should be more than happy to return. Note - parking is very restricted on site but that is not detrimental to the quality of this bistro.
PS - My granddaughter left her 'precious' handbag behind when we left ... the Bistro phoned to let us know later that evening. Now that IS customer care !! Thank you.

2  Thank Ron M
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Its a while since we have been but it was as good as we remembered . On the Saturday evening they offered a £25 ,three courses menu ,with a choice of three/four items per course .if you liked the Beef Wellington the supplement was £ 5.
Well worth a visit if you can get in on a Saturday evening ,this is British cooking @ its best in this part of the North West . The owners certainly seem to have the right formulae with tables from two to ten ,great atmostphere
The staff although young were well trained ,very helpful particular over the drinks you supply yourself , with the right glasses ,storing all the multiply of drinks in the fridge , plenty of ice etc ,
, . Superb contact with a local taxi firm , when our taxi failed to turn up.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

As always the service and food were exemplary. Although the new lunch time menu made it super difficult to find something suitable for my 2 children aged 15mths and 28mths. On previous visits we were able to give them a jacket potatoe, beans on toast or even a plain old ham or cheese sandwich. This wasn't to be on this visit. No offer to toast some bread and even the plain ham sandwich that was offered came on olive bread, not great for my eldest!
I know last summer we visited weekly with our other mummy friends and their children but it seems we will have to find somewhere else to visit if they cannot cater for our children. Which would be a great shame as we love to sit outside and watch the world go by!
Would really like to see a great salad on the lunch time menu too. Not everyone wants a as which and fries!
P.s. please bring back your daytime cake selection, what's better than a cream team on a lovely summers day. Ooo afternoon tea would also be a great addition.