“One night stay”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not a very spacious room. Very basic. Probably worst than travelodge. Although location was OK. Not a very exciting place to stay if I compare its room rent with other budget hotels. Overall a nice place to sleep if you get a good deal. I got it at the last minute hence proved expensive.

Room Tip: Stay away unless you hit a very good deal!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late at night after midnight after a four hour drive upon finishing work. Signage to the hotel off winnick road was very poor and drove around for five mins before finding hotel. On arrival were given room key and on heading down the corridor to the room the fresh smell of paint was very overpowering. The room we were given had obviously just been freshly painted as the smell of paint would of knocked you out. Suggest windows be opened to rectify this. The room itself was of average size although very clean. Was too tired to go and complain about the smell of paint and just wanted to sleep or I would of gone and asked to be moved to another room. The bathroom was only a shower cubicle, no bath! Also in the morning I used the hair dryer which was in front of the mirror but had to straighten my hair at the other end if the room as no plug socket was at the mirror so was also minus a mirror doing it. Check out was 12 noon and at 9.45am we got a chap at the door on opening a housekeeper was there. All that was said was checkout was at 12. I just wonder if they would of unlocked the door and have came into the room if we had not answered. We were up and ready to leave but kind of felt it was a case of hurry up as I want the room cleaned. On leaving we said to the girl at reception about the over powering smell of paint and all she said was ok. Few issues here that maybe management should address in future.

• Stayed May 2014
Darlington
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in May 2014 while attending a course for work. I found the my room to be very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable - probably better than my own at home! Breakfast was also good. At £29 a night this hotel was a bargin. Would definitely stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We use this hotel 2-3 times a year and are never disappointed. This was no exception and we were also impressed with the way the staff dealt with some difficult customers - makes you feel you are in a good place. If you use the Toby carvery next door go when it is busy - the food is hot and supplies regularly replenished.

• Stayed March 2014
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel in April 2014. I have to say that my first impression was not all that good because the reception is rather drab. But all negative feelings disappeared after I was checked in very efficiently by the lady at the reception. I found all the staff to be very eager to help and were always friendly. I have to make a special mention of the ladies who manned the restaurant who were always smiling and welcoming.

The room was a bit smaller than some of the Premier Inn's that I have stayed in earlier and that was a bit surprising. There is no bath tub, unlike most Premier Inn's, but this is clearly mentioned on their website, so no complaints there.

The hotel is located quite a distance from the town centre and the two train stations, so if you do not have your own transport you have to depend on taxis to get you anywhere. But the reception arranges taxis for you at any time.

The (paid) internet was very good and fast so that's a plus when you are on work.

There is a Toby Carvery restaurant just outside the hotel so that is very convenient. There is also a Pizza Hut & KFC across the road.

So overall I'm happy to recommend this hotel to anyone as long as you are not looking for town centre location with lots of pubs and restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Having read previous comments decided to book three rooms (large family) before moving onto Guillivers the next day. On arrival Reception was empty, member of staff started check-in procedure only to then start up a conversation with another member of staff leaving us waiting - not good!! Rooms very clean and comfy but seemed smaller than usual although it was felt that a fan in the bathroom was needed. During the night one family in our party experienced problems with noise from the room next door making sleep difficult especially as there were young children in their room.

Breakfast the next morning - we had pre-booked and paid so staff were aware that 11 of us would be arriving. They made a reasonable effort to sit us as close together as they could - thank you. Staff came to take our order asking if we had booked - stating that it was a good job as the chef may not have been able to cope otherwise - not a good impression. Food was cooked very well however at 9.15 a.m., (Sunday) no fruit, fruit juice, muffins, crossaints or coffee machine working - staff were informed. Think someone should be taking note of this.

At check out a member of our party did speak to the young man on reception regarding the noise issue - this was resolved immediately and a full refund given. Thank you Premier Inn you certainly lived up to your guarantee on this subject.

May be this was a 'one off' as far as staff were concerned but perhaps a little more customer service training could solve the problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
warringtonCnorth, General Manager at Premier Inn Warrington Central North Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We appreciate your time in giving us feedback and staying with us during a busy weekend, At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.
Please be assured that the Management Team at this hotel will investigate your comments.
We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future

kind regards
June Wood
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This has become my go to Premier Inn in Warrington, the hotel is set way back from the road and, does not suffer to much noise.

Pity this stay let me down. While chatting to the receptionist I explained I would be working late returning to the hotel at 0230 so may not get around to breakfast if I slept in. I had hoped this would result in getting a quiet room. I was given room 100. This room looks out over the disabled bays, These are not always used so I did not worry about it. I returned to the hotel at 0230, placed my do not disturb sign on the door and got my head down. 0800 and the noise of doors being opened and shut constantly has finally had me give up on sleep. I'm not sure where the door goes to but it had Private on it and as I went for breakfast 2 staff came out and let the door slam again. You'd think working in a hotel that the staff would be more considerate.

This has been a one off. I have stayed here 8-9 times and there have been no issues at all. The best thing about this PI is the breakfast. Debbie runs a tight ship and everything I have had has been fresh and hot. The breakfast room staff are friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Don't take any ground floor room that is to the right of reception (100, 101, etc) Upper rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Namretaws
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us great feedback. We are extremely please that you enjoyed our breakfast at the hotel and will pass your feedback to the team
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kindest regards.