“Another great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
UK
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We use this hotel 2-3 times a year and are never disappointed. This was no exception and we were also impressed with the way the staff dealt with some difficult customers - makes you feel you are in a good place. If you use the Toby carvery next door go when it is busy - the food is hot and supplies regularly replenished.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel in April 2014. I have to say that my first impression was not all that good because the reception is rather drab. But all negative feelings disappeared after I was checked in very efficiently by the lady at the reception. I found all the staff to be very eager to help and were always friendly. I have to make a special mention of the ladies who manned the restaurant who were always smiling and welcoming.

The room was a bit smaller than some of the Premier Inn's that I have stayed in earlier and that was a bit surprising. There is no bath tub, unlike most Premier Inn's, but this is clearly mentioned on their website, so no complaints there.

The hotel is located quite a distance from the town centre and the two train stations, so if you do not have your own transport you have to depend on taxis to get you anywhere. But the reception arranges taxis for you at any time.

The (paid) internet was very good and fast so that's a plus when you are on work.

There is a Toby Carvery restaurant just outside the hotel so that is very convenient. There is also a Pizza Hut & KFC across the road.

So overall I'm happy to recommend this hotel to anyone as long as you are not looking for town centre location with lots of pubs and restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Having read previous comments decided to book three rooms (large family) before moving onto Guillivers the next day. On arrival Reception was empty, member of staff started check-in procedure only to then start up a conversation with another member of staff leaving us waiting - not good!! Rooms very clean and comfy but seemed smaller than usual although it was felt that a fan in the bathroom was needed. During the night one family in our party experienced problems with noise from the room next door making sleep difficult especially as there were young children in their room.

Breakfast the next morning - we had pre-booked and paid so staff were aware that 11 of us would be arriving. They made a reasonable effort to sit us as close together as they could - thank you. Staff came to take our order asking if we had booked - stating that it was a good job as the chef may not have been able to cope otherwise - not a good impression. Food was cooked very well however at 9.15 a.m., (Sunday) no fruit, fruit juice, muffins, crossaints or coffee machine working - staff were informed. Think someone should be taking note of this.

At check out a member of our party did speak to the young man on reception regarding the noise issue - this was resolved immediately and a full refund given. Thank you Premier Inn you certainly lived up to your guarantee on this subject.

May be this was a 'one off' as far as staff were concerned but perhaps a little more customer service training could solve the problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
warringtonCnorth, General Manager at Premier Inn Warrington Central North Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We appreciate your time in giving us feedback and staying with us during a busy weekend, At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.
Please be assured that the Management Team at this hotel will investigate your comments.
We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future

kind regards
June Wood
Fareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This has become my go to Premier Inn in Warrington, the hotel is set way back from the road and, does not suffer to much noise.

Pity this stay let me down. While chatting to the receptionist I explained I would be working late returning to the hotel at 0230 so may not get around to breakfast if I slept in. I had hoped this would result in getting a quiet room. I was given room 100. This room looks out over the disabled bays, These are not always used so I did not worry about it. I returned to the hotel at 0230, placed my do not disturb sign on the door and got my head down. 0800 and the noise of doors being opened and shut constantly has finally had me give up on sleep. I'm not sure where the door goes to but it had Private on it and as I went for breakfast 2 staff came out and let the door slam again. You'd think working in a hotel that the staff would be more considerate.

This has been a one off. I have stayed here 8-9 times and there have been no issues at all. The best thing about this PI is the breakfast. Debbie runs a tight ship and everything I have had has been fresh and hot. The breakfast room staff are friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Don't take any ground floor room that is to the right of reception (100, 101, etc) Upper rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Namretaws
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us great feedback. We are extremely please that you enjoyed our breakfast at the hotel and will pass your feedback to the team
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kindest regards.
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Me, my partner and family visited here to celebrate the new year and we all enjoyed our stay it was nice hotel with a joined restaurant for breakfast. The staff were lovely they even gave us wifi for free one night so we were happy! Beds were so comfy but they always are in a premier inn!! Overall would revisit!

Stayed December 2013
We are glad to hear your stay with Premier Inn was welcoming. Your comments have been passed onto the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Premier Inn in the near future.

kindest regards
June Woods
Peterborough, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked a two night stay here to celebrate family birthdays early in March. I'm in a wheelchair so unfortunately my needs are quite speciific. We therefore rang in advance to ask for bed raisers (beds in disabled rooms are very low!) and an additional bed for my carer. On arrival; however, these hadn't been attended to and the poor girl on reception had to dash about single handedly to fix it. Bless her, she did a grand job and within the hour, everything was as originally requested. The room was clean and comfortable but lacking bedside tables for some inexplicable reason and I ended up using a chair for my night time medications etc Breakfast was first class - hot and plentiful - and very cheerfully served by two delightful and very attentive waitresses. There are a small number of disabled bays near the entrance but on the second evening, one bay was occupied by someone whop was clearly young and able bodied, and showing no blue badge. I commented that to use the bay, he should be displaying a blue badge and he lied and told me he was picking up his disabled sister. I mentioned it to the receptionist who said she would 'see to it'. What she *didn't* mention was that SHE was the person he was waiting for. . . . . NOT impressive!
However, taken on the whole, our stay was enjoyable and we also had a lovely lunch in the very reasonably priced Toby Carvery next door. We will be back in the area again in September so will we use this Premier Inn? Very probably!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
warringtonCnorth, General Manager at Premier Inn Warrington Central North Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
We're very pleased you found the staff to be excellent. Thank you for your feedback and we will take your comments on board. We look forward to seeing you again if you return!
Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed at other Premier Inns and found them to be very good,not so this one.
Our room was next to the hotel generator,or at least it sounded like it and the vibration was irritating to say the least. Other than that it was ok in all other areas. Staff were friendly and called for a taxi for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you found the staff friendly and your feedback has been passed on to the team. We're sorry you experienced noise problems and hope this hasn't put you off staying at Premier Inn in the future.