“Pricey food but good”

Ranked #9 of 468 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bents Garden & Home is a family owned garden centre that has evolved into a unique lifestyle destination where customers can discover the products, advice and inspiration to make outdoor and indoor living more beautiful.There’s something for everyone to enjoy from the all-weather Open Skies Glass House, providing the perfect undercover shopping environment for outdoor plants, to the award winning Fresh Approach Restaurant where world-class chefs use fresh, local ingredients to create an extensive array of culinary delights.Bents’ new adventure play area, with its sensory experiences, climbing walls and adventure towers is also providing to be a big hit with children and grown-ups alike, who can keep an eye on the little ones whilst enjoying a coffee and cake in the playground’s seating area.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Garden centre excellent, but very pricey, Restaurant and food very very pricey for a garden centre, but very very good food. The displays draw you in, its very well marketed and you do get what you pay for.

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am pleased you had an enjoyable time at our Garden Centre and Fresh Approach Restaurant and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you once again for your time and your valuable custom.

Kindest regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a lovely garden centre. We'd never been before and only really went in to avoid the damp weather, we're so glad we did! Extensive garden plants and products and homewares. lots of ideas for our own garden.

The restaurant is wonderful. So good that we managed to get in lunch AND afternoon tea. Helpful staff all across the store. Lovely deli/farmshop area too. Highly recommend and not just on a damp day.

1  Thank Colleen H

Thank you for your feedback.

Our all-weather destination allows you to visit whatever the British weather has in store so I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to our Garden Centre and Restaurant.

I am pleased you were able to take some ideas from our displays and our colleagues are always more than happy to help should you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

love going to see there unusual displays , can always find something little different particularly at christmas , and really love the cafe for coffee and cake . a little pricey but always enjoy this ,

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our Garden Centre and Fresh Approach Restaurant.

Our team of Visual Merchandisers with our colleagues are always trying to create eye-catching scenes to make our customers visit memorable.

I am pleased that you enjoy coffee and a cake in our Fresh Approach Restaurant; our home-bakes are freshly prepared on the premises daily, using the finest ingredients.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visit bents quite a few times throughout the year..Yes, the prices can be a little higher sometimes but the friendliness of the staff more than makes up for it. I noticed this especially in the restaurant...a few staff that have stood out as being particularly helpful are a young man called Tom and a lady called Annie....A pleasure to be served by these staff....Worth a visit

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words for two of my colleagues, who I will speak with on your behalf.

I was pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time in our Fresh Approach Restaurant and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just returned from our latest visit, (soggy Sunday 12/5). It never ceases to amaze me how much choice there is in the food offering and how high the standards are. Yes there are cheaper Garden Centre restaurants but they have neither the choice or the quality of Bents coupled with service that is the equal of many establishments charging more and offering less. A simple example of the service you can expect at Bents. Seeing me gazing round the seemingly full to bursting eating area the young lady clearing tables spotted a table where the occupants were about to leave, gestured me to it and stood guard whilst I got there. And all done with a beaming smile. There are many restaurants who would be proud to have her on the team. As for me I'm just sorry I failed to get her name so that she could be recognised by the management. As for the food it really matters little what you select, only the most pernickety could fail to be satisfied. I have not long since retired from lifetime in catering and for me Bents exemplifies all that is good in self-service dining. Oh and by the way the rest of the Garden Centre is awesome especially at Christmas.

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words following your visit to our Fresh Approach Restaurant; it is always pleasing to read such feedback and I am glad my colleague was able to assist you and make your visit enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.