“Great garden centre”

Ranked #10 of 434 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bents Garden & Home is a family owned garden centre that has evolved into a unique lifestyle destination where customers can discover the products, advice and inspiration to make outdoor and indoor living more beautiful.There’s something for everyone to enjoy from the all-weather Open Skies Glass House, providing the perfect undercover shopping environment for outdoor plants, to the award winning Fresh Approach Restaurant where world-class chefs use fresh, local ingredients to create an extensive array of culinary delights.Bents’ new adventure play area, with its sensory experiences, climbing walls and adventure towers is also providing to be a big hit with children and grown-ups alike, who can keep an eye on the little ones whilst enjoying a coffee and cake in the playground’s seating area.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just back from another lovely visit to Bents Garden Centre. If you have never been to Bents, I will start by saying this bears little resemblance to any other garden centre I've ever visited. This is the Rolls Royce of garden centres!!. It's impossible to have a quick visit as there are so many lovely things to see, a gorgeous shopping experience. As another contributor said its not cheap. I could have gone to Bury Market and then had lunch in a greasy spoon - however of you are looking for a great outing, great shopping experience and an outstanding lunch and afternoon tea then you will be hard pressed to find anywhere better. Outside there is a lovely reservoir to walk round if weather nice. All the staff are also very good and helpful. Will definitely return.

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent visit to our Garden Centre and Fresh Approach Restaurant.

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable time and that our colleagues made you feel so looked after.

We try very hard to make every visit enjoyable and so appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I visit bents for coffee or lunch frequently, I love it, it can be pricey, but is worth it for a treat. Food and coffees are good, the conservatory dining area is lovely as it the toilets, (I love the hand cream in the baby change room!) I'm a strict vegetarian of 20+ years and almost bore out into a sweat when the server on our last visit made my husbands ham sandwich and then went onto make mine without changing her latex gloves! (Everything is picked by hand, that's why they wear gloves) Although she was very accommodating when I requested she change her gloves before preparing mine.

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Great to hear you are a regular diner and thank you for your comments.

We are very sensitive to the needs of our diners with special dietary requirements and do have procedures in place for the preparation and serving of these dishes, so thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please be assured we will be re-briefing our colleagues.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to Bents today it was a birthday treat the food is excellent ,my only complaint is that you have a hot meal and have to queue up with it in the same queue as people having drinks,so food can get cool, could do with some other arrangement to keep food hot.
Would be great to have waiter service !!!
The garden centre is lovely and all the displays are superb,could spend lots of time and money there.
I do look forward to our visits there.So well done to Bents.

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Many congratulations on your birthday and thank you for choosing the Fresh Approach Restaurant to celebrate.

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit, however I am sorry if our Express Till was unavailable during your visit; this is an alternative way to pay without having to queue with diners purchasing drinks.

I am however pleased to tell you that we do have plans to develop our Restaurant in the future, which may include a waiter service; so thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I go here all the time as I work just around the corner.
The food here is amazing and always so fresh and different. If you like crisp fresh salads, filling sandwiches, hearty soup and cakes that can only be described as jaw dropping then go go go!
Very busy around lunch times, but worth the wait, the cafe is self serve and you may think the que's look long, but everything is well organised and always a place to sit ( outside in the summer is very nice ).
Prices are expensive, but all produce is local and home made on the premises so I think worth it :-)

Matthew B, Owner at Bents Garden & Home, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Pleased to hear you enjoy your visits to our Fresh Approach Restaurant and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Lovely freshly made food a little expensive but you pay for quality. Cakes to die for and very large. Would recommend have lunch and then go around the centre before returning for a coffee and dessert!! Could spend all day at Bents

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the TripAdvisor website following your recent visit to our Garden Centre and Fresh Approach Restaurant; we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards