“Magical Christmas for the kids with rides thrown in too”

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #16 of 58 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We visited in the summer and when I got the email about Christmas specials, I booked it. We went for the basic package of use of the rides and a train ride to see Santa. We weren't disappointed. The park was decorated with loads of lights etc and almost all the rides were open until 7! Later than in summer! My 4 year old had a brilliant time, the train ride up to visit Santa was ok; but the grotto was fab, so many things to look at while a short wait for Santa. A lovely day out had by all, will be returning next year. Thank you Guillvers.
PS all the staff friendly and helpful too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)
All reviews
"packed lunch"
in 64 reviews
"year olds"
in 87 reviews
"plenty of places to eat"
in 28 reviews
in 33 reviews
"parks"
in 195 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went last year, we were so pleased we booked again! The park itself is decorated Lovely for Christmas! We had the package with a roast dinner! Veg was a bit hard but otherwise perfect, train ride to Santa was great, lots for the children to see on the way. Once inside your met by loads of Christmas decorations, elves and bears etc, all decorated nice for the children to see. We met an elf who took us through the door to see father Christmas. I couldn't fault him, he took his time and listened and talked with the children. Once we had seen him we had our photo taken another Lovely idea, father Christmas even took the photo a few times as the baby kept looking the other way! Once outside we went into santas workshop were the children could choose a toy, this is great as they pick what they want, they then go and give it to an elf and they then passed on some landing dust to place outside on Christmas eve. All in all I would recommend this place, its all about the children and to me gulivers had made it for them! My two children were so happy with their day out :-)

4  Thank Mrsmacca27
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked the cracker package and arrived on saturday morning at 11am, it was very busy at the gates which we kind of expected but they had 4 tills in use and 2 staff sorting the queues. We gave the lady our booking which was scanned in and we were given a receipt showing our grotto time, meal time and show time. Even though there was 4 queues we were in the park within 5 minutes no problems. My son loved the stable display at the entrance with the reindeers and the santa sleigh and couldnt wait to get on the rides. The park looked great with all the decorations and inflatable snowmen around the park and every member of staff we encountered were friendly and chatty. I cant compliment the girls enough who were working in santas grotto, its great that they were all dressed as elves my little boys face lit up once he saw santa and was then taken to the shop where he could choose any toy he wanted. he was also given some landing dust which i thought was a nice touch. The food which we got as part of the show wasnt the best but we did have the option to upgrade to the carvery which we decided not to do so we cant really complain. The show was abit cheesy in places (something the kiddies wont notice) but my son didnt speak the whole way through which is a first so he must have enjoyed it especially when santa appeared. The snow show and the lighting of the tree were great so all in all we had a fantastic day out as a family and my son is asking to go back again which we are considering booking for the firework show. I have tried to pick out some bad points but in all fairness i cant think of any besides the quality of food in the show but my son had a magical day so thats all that matters. would definatly go back

1  Thank Jason D
Reviewed November 30, 2013

OK I am going to be trying to be as positive as I can about Gullivers having been there 4 times now in total

My little family of 4 visited for the Christmas spectacular and santas grotto £93 including a hot carvery bargain eh..............

First the good stuff

The majority of the staff are lovely and always keen to help, the park is really family friendly when you have kids under 10 as all the rides etc are aimed at that age group.

The place is small enough to get around as not to tire the kids out and the kids rides are definetely the kind of rides my young un's love a little bit of a thrill without being terrified. The tea cup ride deserves a special mention as does the lad who was running it as he was incredibly nice and also offered to take a family photo........later in the day as every other ride shut down and he was about to close he asked if we wanted another go and we got to be the only people riding on the entire thing and I am fairly certain he wouldnt have been paid for the overtime.

The Christmas decor is good and the place really does have an xmas feel, just the thing to kick off the festive season and get you in the mood

The grotto and the xmas train the kids love and I cant recommend them enough.

Now the bad

Some of the staff are AWFUL, the father christmas my kids seen at the grotto couldnt have tried harder to be disinterested and obnoxious.....obvioously a bit peturbing for a 4 and 8 year old and a bit different from their visions of father xmas.

The Carvery lunch , it consisted of......

Turkey lovingly infused with silver foil, a lovely touch meaning you had to spend an infinite amount of time picking it out of your meat, in a way it brought you closer to your meal.

Pork which was carved with the skill of an expert axeman as I had what can only be described as a cue of pork

Raw carrot - an interesting idea I thought, giving the dinner a more rustic feel or perhaps that little tribute to Rudolph on his upcoming visit.

Sprouts very overcooked, so overcooked in fact that I had to guess what vegetable they were trying to be - an interesting game for all the family that one

Broccoli not so much as overcooked, more dissolved really, a new take on this favourite

My particular favourite was mash potato and glue, I have never had mash potato of this kind of consistency before so I can only assume some form of bonding agent is used, a rather fusion idea bring DIY solvent and the staple of the sunday roat together, not sure if it was for me though.

However my ration of three dwarf roast potatoes distracted me from the above culinary delight for the magic they had seemingly performed - which was to appear burnt but to actually be solid in the middle, I wonder what they had used to cooke them? I settled on a blow torch as the best answer.

Which brings me nicely to the Yorkshire pudding, we had a lovely dry and crisp day and to offset that Gullivers in a moment of inspiration decided that the Yorkshire pudding should be the exact opposite of the weather conditions....I appreciated my damp and sticky Yorkshire Pudding, just because of that little bit of extra attention the cook had obviously put in....nice!!!!

Now gravy is an artform in my amateur culinary experience and the guys who knocked up this gravy obviously appreciate art akin to a latter day picasso. Their particular take on this humble staple of the roast dish was an ode to neptune and posiedon, the extra water and lack of stock created a kind of naval effect, especially as my disintegrated broccoli floated around my plate in it like some kind of vengeful pirate fleet, fitting as so much of the park is devoted to a pirate theme I thought.

Now obvioulsy serving thousands of people tea and coffee over the day can create confusion and some people can recieve the wrong dring etc. Gullivers have removed this risk in a eureka moment and created the Toffee. A drink that is discernibly neither tea or coffee, you could just see the faces of all those happy customers gulping that lovely hot beverage down, whilst playing guess what the sprout is trying to be.

The rides

Just a brief not if Gullivers insist that an adult has to be with a kid in them when said child is of a certain height then said ride should accomodate a human adult not a distant relative of bilbo baggins. My legs are still at an unatural angle after being forced into that caterpillar ride.

In summary

Dont eat there
Dont bother with the shows in my opinion
They could keep the rides open longer
Some good staff, some very, very bad
The timings of various activities are very difficult to make
Its not bad value
The place needs investment and a tidy up
Superb grotto and xmas train

6  Thank steve w