“Shame about the wasps”

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #4 of 50 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We took our grandchildren here and we had a lovely day. If it wasn't for the wasps it would have been perfect. I found a dead one in my coffee and a lady behind me waiting for a ride was stung. We were seriously considering staying in the attractive hotel but the guy trying to kill a wasp with his wife's sandal put us off! The grand children had a brilliant day despite this but the owners surely need to sort this problem out.

1  Thank mjbmcb
Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Don't waste your money really poor show we paid £180 for the hotel room still had to pay to get into the park. The park itself was half closes no one told us this. When we went for dinner they didn't have what was on the menu we had to drive into town which we got lost. The next morning we went for breakfast which was poor. We then waited next morning to go in the spash zone swimming pool to get told it was closed till 2 pm. I asked why and she told me she didn't know my 3 yr old girl was in tears at this point so I went to the swim zone and it was full of kids playing. When I asked a member of staff they said that it was a private party that's great it's a heat wave been checked out of the hotel it's 85 degrees and got no were to go apart from home. I'm not a moaner and have never left anyone a bad review but this is a bad place. I left them two emails and I've not even had a sorry DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY STAY AWAY

5  Thank craig27
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to Gulivers in the August month, weather was brilliant but if it hasn't of been it would of been a struggle with young ones.
It cost us around the £120 mark for 5 Adults 3 children and 1 under 90cm. Expensive. All the food, Ice creams and drinks were very expensive but we took a picnic and only purchased ice lollys and water which saved us a hell of a lot of money. The down side to taking a picnic was we ate outside on the picnic benches and grass. We weren't the only ones - Wasps everywhere!! We were constantly trying to waft them from our food, drinks ice creams and children. There must be something they can do about the wasps!!
There was plenty toilets scattered about, but mostly were smelly.
The que's weren't too big, staff were friendly and there was a fair few rides. Some of the rides seemed to be shut in one area and I'm not sure as to why this might of been.

1  Thank AshWillo86
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great day out. Fun for family all ages maybe up to a tennager. (park hasnt got the bigger rollercoasters)

Lots rides. Staff very friendly. Passes a full day. Reasonabley priced.

Would go again & reconmend to a friend/family

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have visited twice this year with my 5 year old son. He absolutely loves it , I really think it's great value for money.

First visit was in February, when only half the park was open (with a half price entry around £7) and there was still plenty to do for the full day.

Went again last week, and loved it again, with many different rides and play areas. The only ride we went on with a significant queue was the log flume. Most rides we only had to wait 1 or 2 runs to get on. & ride operators were happy to let you stay on if there wasn't a queue.

I agree it's the a bit tatty in places, but there was a definite improvement between Feb & July.

The selection of rides is fantastic for the money. £15.95 each and we went about 20 different rides, some of them a few times, + 6 or 7 climbing frames/ play areas that the boy loved.