“Standing in line with a 2 year old all day, not my idea of fun”

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #13 of 54 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Far too many people were allowed in for such a small place, standing in line for 30 mins for a 30 sec ride is just too much for myself, not to mention very young children.
Not really child friendly either went to go into the shop and was told no push chairs by a real rude woman,which I found strange for a place that makes its money off of young children. Ended up going on 4 rides, rest of the day was stood in lines, very disappointed,

2  Thank 542nic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)
All reviews
"packed lunch"
in 63 reviews
"year olds"
in 85 reviews
"plenty of places to eat"
in 28 reviews
in 33 reviews
"school holidays"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is not at all good value for money, the rides are old and tiring and needs a revamp. Food isnt great but expensive for what you get. Would only come here as a very last resort for something to do!

1  Thank Katie E
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Total ripp off, the whole look of the place was old and the facilities were dated and unkept. Food on sale was a poor quality for the prices they were charging.
A lot of the rides were closed or had maintance issues. I would say not suitable for childern past the age of 5 or 6. Would not recommend to any one.

1  Thank Paulette W
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to Gullivers Travels yesterday and can only describe the experience as very disappointing. On arrival we went to the bathroom facilities where half of the toilets weren't working and that was at opening time 10.30. God only knows what they were like during the course of the day, The facilities were very dated and not that clean.

Half of the attractions were out of service due to "maintainence". Anyone who paid £22.50 would have felt like they had been conned and to be honest they should have reduced the price. This is a very dated and old theme park and needs some serious updating to compete with the likes of Drayton Manor, Thorpe park etc. If I had been booked to stay at the Themed Hotel, I don't think I'd want to stay.
Anyone planning on visiting....keep driving til you get to Southport or Rhyl.

Like I said the only redeeming thing is that the weather was fantastic but then that was included in the price,,,,,,,,very disappointing experience indeed

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just want to start by saying I'm not usually  a complainer.
We had a lovely day with my mum, nephew age 3 and my two sons age 3 and 1.
My 3 year old also has autism and he loved the rides they where perfect for the little ones.
it was set in a nice environment and not to big.
We promised my nephew on the way out we would get him some sweets to give to his elder brothers as they couldnt come because they where in school. (also a bit to old for the park)
As we walked in to the shop we where told by a very rude member of staff that we wernt allowed in because we had pushchairs.... Usually I'd just take the kids out but she was so rude we decided just to leave. Poor nephew was quite upset and put a bad end to our nice day. we left feeling a bit annoyed. Not major I know but the staff need to learn some manners. Our other issue was one of the rides my eldest could not go on because the children where unable to be accompanied by an adult, that part is fine but as we where watching that same ride a few minutes later a young girl attempted to climb off the ride herself and almost ended up under the horse she was riding on and the lady running the ride never even attempted to stop the ride to help her get back on ..... It could have been so much worse but luckily the little girl was fine. There where plenty of toilets around, thankfully because we where running to one every half hour or so with the kids :p there is also plenty of places to get refreshments and lots of picnic areas.

1  Thank Patricia0079