“great christmas visit”

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #16 of 58 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 27, 2013

we booked for the christmas package, a panto, lunch and a train ride to santa. my children loved it and it was a relatively nice day for the time of year, (last time it was very snowy and the heating had broken down :-( ) an enjoyable day out and quited good value for money, we oly booked for the turkey sandwich, it was basic but edible, the panto was a bit shabby but the kids didnt notice so ive not marked it down.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)
All reviews
"packed lunch"
in 64 reviews
"year olds"
in 87 reviews
"plenty of places to eat"
in 28 reviews
in 33 reviews
"parks"
in 195 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We take our children every year to the festivities at Gullivers, over the christmas period, for rides, panto, santa visit, fireworks and much more. The children love it, and you feel the christmas spirit, fantastic time had by all at Gullivers.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went for the Xmas Special day on the 23rd December but have been before through the year. It may be a little tired, but the kids loved it. There had been a heavy downfall the day before and parts of the park were flooded, but they did thier best to keep every ride open. There was a Santa who was briiliant with the kids and they each recieved a free toy which was of good quality.
The rides themselves range from baby to 10 years I would say. I have a 3 and a 7 year old and there was something for both of them. The best thing is there are lots of rides they can go on themselves so if you're not keen on rides yourself you don't have to go on. The only thing I would suggest is take your own food. It's not the best quality, but saying that it does the job of filling the kids up. xx

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This used to be one of our favourite places to visit for many years as it was enjoyable for the whole family and for wheel chair users.
After this we decided to go for last years Christmas fire work celebrations. The evening started out alright as the entrance staff were very helpful helping my disabled little sister in through the gate rather than the turnstiles, it was ok until my mum and sister while I went on my ex favourite ride there, this was the antelope rollercoaster, this is now unrideable able as it is so rough even compared to other wooden rides throughout the country. The problem was the circus themed restaurant, the only way in was up a rather large step, we got round this problem by lifting the chair up, this isn't that difficult as we were going up a step, the main problem of this was when we were leaving the restaurant, the only way they told us we could get out was through the children's ball pool to the ramp, this is impossible as she is a wheelchair user.
The other problems we had was the current state of the place, this is partly understandable as many of the attractions are undergoing maintenance.
This effected my personal favourite part of the park with the mine train coaster as it is very good fun, this entire area was shut so this means about half the park was shut. Other areas affected include that about half the shops have now been closed as I actually only saw 2 shops that were open, this being the main one and the Christmas shop.
After this experience we don't think we'll be returning to one of our ex favourite destinations to visit

1  Thank bop1993
See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to Splashzone only as part of an extended family group, to celebrate my grandson's 2nd birthday. Great fun, although if you are supervising children you need to take a spare set of clothes as it is virtually impossible to stay completely dry with water spraying at you from all directions. The 2 year old was a bit nervous at first but after a bit of coaxing he went in, although I think he preferred the soft play area upstairs. His 3 year old brother loved it. I did find it very noisy because of the pop music which blared out at full blast, and which you couldn't hear well because of the noise of children enjoying themselves, why have it? Upstairs there is a nice quiet comfy lounge area adjoining the soft play area and overlooking the splash area. The only item I had from the cafe was a cup of tea and it was of a good standard. Entrance cost £6 for kids (maybe a little pricey) and £2.50 for adults for 2 hours. All in all felt like a decently maintained and safe environment and Grandma demanded to know when she was going again!

1  Thank 826ScareyMary826