“Total farce”

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #3 of 42 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
“Total farce”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I've been quite a few times with my little boy over the years and am extremely observant.
If you're a paying adult, it is an enormous let down. If you're an oblivious child, then you'd probably enjoy it, if you don't sustain some sort of injury from the structurally unsound buildings and play areas, or get soiled by the raw sewage that is pumped into the lake.
It is clear that the majority of the grass roots workers put in a lot of effort, especially in the food units and on the grounds, with neat and looked after plants.
However, I feel that the management need to take a look at how the park is run and make some drastic changes about prioritising, organisation and how they treat their staff. I witnessed some poor soul on the edge of breaking point being thrown from pillar to post getting zero support from senior colleges.
To summarize, keep your expectations very low. If you do have a good day then it was probably on a quiet day when they can handle it. Don't blame the workers, they're obviously doing the best with what they have. Would you like to work there!?

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great day out for young families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Its a great day out for young families however it is not targeting older teens soni would avoid if you have older children. Having said that my family have been going or years and the kids still enjoy it but my eldest would prefer Alton towers.

Visited May 2012
North of England
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Gullivers World - Warrington - Splash world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not sure what to expect as we have never been to one of these slash world / land before. Great for my children who are 8 and 6 this year. Two hours cost £ 2.50 for me and £5.95 each for children. Good value I think cheaper than the pictures and also bowling.

Chilren loved this and could not believe there eyes when we went inside. They loved most the big bucket that fills with water and then all the heavens let loose and they get drenched. I really laughed at the side just because their faces where so suprised as it seems to fall at a slow but fast rate. Super funny to watch, and I did. No costume for me they just run around asking me to watch. Super couple of hours had by all.

Food. Em. Eat before you go or as a last resort get some chips. The coffee was expensive and wet. Make your own mind up what that means. Why they don't get a good Costa or invest a little more is beyond me.

Highly recommended. I honestly have'nt laughed so much in ages.

Downside... children knew there was a park with rides the other side of a big fence and wanted to go there to. LOL, but we will save this for another visit. I kept all our stuff with us, It was just another charge we did'nt need to pay as I stayed dry. The yellow slide seems to throw the smaller children off and I did see a few tears but I think this is because it was just so unexpected.

Again go you won't be disapointed it's fab.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank Hols4uslot
Liverpool, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Looks very tired but kids love it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Even though only half the rides were open today it was still full price. If you buy a family ticket you save a massive 80 pence!!!! It's not a cheap day out but the kids love it, they accommodate all ages and sizes plus the kids don't see what adults do. There are bits of the park that look great but there is also a big % that needs refurbishing and pretty damn quick too. We had to walk through 3" deep puddles to get to some rides (pirate ship being one off) but as stated earlier the kids love it and as long as they are happy that's all that matters.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank KTNZ9
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family day out to gullivers world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

we recently visited gullivers kingdom on the opening day of the season on the 24 march 2012. overall we had a good day, the kids didnt have to wait long to get onto the rides and the overall apperance of the park was up to a good standerd. the only thing that let the day down was the food, the cost is fair but the taste and coldness makes the food uneatable(recommend that you take your own!!!). everything else on the park is spot on, the price of ice creams and the shop are spot on. a wud reccomend this theme park for a day out. its just a shame that the park does not read the publics reviews, it seems that the food has been a problem for guests for the last 4 years but it seems no one seems to be taking notice.

Visited March 2012