Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa
    Travelocity
    $115
    $112
    Travelocity
    Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel(Warrington)(Great Value!)
    $76
    $74
    • Restaurant
    $74
    $64
    TripAdvisor
    Travelodge Warrington Gemini(Warrington)(Great Value!)
    $42
    Travelodge
    3,000 results
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed here overnight while we supposed to be visiting Knowsley safari park, unfortunately the weather made us change our plans slightly.
    We had stayed here a couple of years ago when it was part of the De Vere group and were a little dubious after reading some of the recent reviews now it was part of the Brittania group.
    I can happily say we had nothing to worry about.
    The room we had was lovely, from the previous reviews I think we got one of the rooms that had had a recent refurb. There was a mix up with the extra bed for our little one, this was missing when we arrived but was soon rectified.
    We had booked direct with Brittania and our package included bed, breakfast, a 2 course evening meal and a bottle of wine. All of this cost £70 for all three of us.
    The starters in the restaurant were really good, an excellent choice and all fresh and tasty. The main was the usual Brittania carvery but also with the addition of the choice of either salmon or chicken breast that would be cooked to order. We all had the carvery which while it was nothing special I can't fault it as was all cooked nice and was very hot.
    I didn't have a desert as you could have either a starter or desert and I had chosen a starter but my wife and little one had chocolate cake and lemon tart and said they were really tasty.
    The breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice and again all fresh, hot and very nice.
    During our stay we also made use of the pool which was included as part of our package. The pool is really nice and also has a steam room and jacuzzi, a nice place to relax and have fun with the kids.
    We would definitely stay here again, especially if we could get the same deal again.

Room Tip: We had room 212 which was in a really quiet location.
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    3  Thank Tired-out-dad
    Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit.
    I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the whole experience and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after buying an online voucher deal. Me and mum arrived slightly early for check-in, but they checked us in none the less and we had our very lovely afternoon tea (which was part of our deal) while waiting for room to be ready. By the time we'd finished our room was ready. It was very clean, large and absolutely NOTHING to complain about.
    Spa and leisure facilities were brilliant, clean and very friendly and helpful staff. Gad a couple of beauty treatments which were lovely.
    Our only gripe was that the food (carvery) wasn't great. Medium steak took 15 mins so was tuff and chewy (no steak knife either!)
    The bar was comfy and welcoming. Again bar staff were really nice.
    Breakfast was good, shame the lady cooking was on her own (she looked slightly flustered!) but very nice. Again serving staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful.
    Overall a very good visit and definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013
    2  Thank Michelle B

Dear Michelle

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review following your recent visit to the hotel.
    I will ensure that all staff are aware of your comments.

I will speak to the chef regarding the steak and the waiting staff regarding the steak knife.

Again my thanks and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hotel is having a refurbishment which impacts on all aspects of the hotel. Its dirty in corridors, wallpaper hanging off walls, dirty carpets, dust everywhere, including bar area (on the leather seating), old furniture all over the place. Refurbishment doesn't seem to be contained, its impacted all over the hotel. The view from our window was rubbish bins, skips and building refuse. Daresbury overbooked our spa treatments and asked could we return another day as they could not do the treatment on the weekend we stayed over. We returned another day as requested. Then General Manager Frank Long did his upmost to squirm out of giving us the treatments we had paid for. He was very rude, dismissive and extremely unhelpful, keeping us waiting near the spa door for over an hour and a half to speak to him. Management at its worse!!!! What used to be a beautiful hotel is now a complete mess and its an insult to people who have paid, expecting to stay in a 4* hotel. I wouldn't stay there again if you paid me to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Wendy F
    Reviewed June 21, 2013

So glad I didn't pay the full price. Paid for a room upgrade to an executive room having been told by the call handler at the reservation call centre, that they were beautiful rooms with whirlpool baths. The lady I spoke to said that she had stayed there are couldn't wait to return, so you can understand my surprise when there was no whirlpool bath and was told that none of the rooms had this facility. The room we did have smelt of either drains or damp, couldn't quite make out which, and the general cleanliness of the room was not good. The furniture has seen better days, the sofa bed had a broken leg and we had to ask for the toilet seat (cheap plastic) to be secured properly when we arrived. The food is reminiscent of school dinners that have been cooked hours in advance and kept warm and is not good quality. First and last time in a Britannia Hotel, the Premier Inn we stayed in the week before was far better.

Room Tip: My tip, don't stay here.
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank ladyd_11

Dear Client

Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointments that you received on your recent visit to the hotel.
    I will investigate all points and take immediate action where necessary. I will also speak with the reservations department regarding the information that is being issued.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff were great. But I am sorry the hotel is in desperate need of a refit. Is it because now it is a Britannia hotel? Food wasn't great either. Ate in the bar rather than restaurant - I had fish and chips, menu said fresh local fish in crispy batter. What you get is obviously frozen fish in batter 'crisp'. Hmmm not great sorry.

Stayed: June 2013
    1  Thank Richard J
    Frank L, General Manager at Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointments on your recent visit to the Daresbury Park Hotel.

I will address your concerns with my team in order to avoid future recurrence.

Thank you for your kind words directed towards the staff.

Yours sincerely