“Disappointing visit, food poor”
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Ranked #117 of 568 Restaurants in Warrington
Description: It started with a seed. An idea shared amongst friends. They imagined a secret garden, where all can enjoy the curious refreshments of nature...
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Atmosphere at the outset was good. The rest was poor and echoes other diners comments. Greasy fish, doughy garlic bread, dry chicken and long waits. Seating given not suitable, booking shouldn't have been taken if place too busy. Money is hard earned to waste.

1  Thank Bernie G
BotanistWarrington, Marketing at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Bernie G,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback, as a new business we are always keen to hear the experiences of our guests. We are saddened you did not have the best time with us and would like to hear more details of your visit, please could you email us on warringtonsales@thebotanist.uk.com. Thanks

Write a reviewReviews (147)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Impressive decor, live music, a great setting for a special meal. Unfortunately there is nothing special about the food or service. We waited 50 minutes from entering to being served our food and the Restaurant was not busy. The waitress was pleasant and apologised a lot, she was even good enough to come and tell us some of our food had” been burnt and was being re cooked”
Her honesty was admirable. The food came and it was poor, cold chips and veg undercooked surf and turf, we ate what we could, paid, and left, a thoroughly miserable experience.
Why did we not complain at the time? ...well.... This was a Birthday celebration, we did not want to instigate an embarrassing complaint and make the situation worse.... we just wanted to leave and not come back......And we won’t!

1  Thank Jiak2781

Hi Jiak2781,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your most recent visit.
We take your comments on board and will feedback to the team.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Very slow service, waited 15 mins to take a drinks and food order. Fries stone cold and clearly reheated back in the oil in some point. Clearly cooked... held too long, reheated and still left too long and served cold!

Steak sandwich- steak stone cold also, cheese didn’t taste as good as not melted due to cold meat.

Finished mains which took 45 mins to arrive, another 30 mins sat with finished plates so no time for dessert.

Bill was discounted which was appreciated but doesn’t still a very poor experience. Waitress that served couldn’t of been friendlier also the lad on greet.

For a new restaurant shouldn’t be getting it so wrong. I would imagine the food is better when busy such as a late night however I also imagine service would be very very slow.

1  Thank Keasty86

Hi Graeme K,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback on your last visit, as a new business we appreciate honest feedback from our guests.
We have taken your comments on board and will feedback to the team.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

The reviews for the Botanist have been rather mixed but as everywhere deserves a chance I booked a table for dinner on Christmas eve. I went with quite low expectations and whilst the décor and interior makes a great dining environment the food let it down.

The service wasn’t great either, they did seem quite understaffed even though the restaurant wasn’t at capacity. Our server was really friendly and enthusiastic but the service was all over the place. We were offered a jug of water by the host when we were seated but that never materialised until I asked for it, after our starter had been served. Our cocktails didn’t arrive until we had almost finished our starter and from then on it was quite difficult to get hold of anyone’s attention.

Our starter of onion petals was delicious if not a little over-seasoned but my vegan burger wasn’t great, it was pretty dry and the chips were just average. My husbands duck kebab was ok but the meat was tough. The cocktails were all a bit too sweet for our taste but that’s a personal preference.

If I need a sugar hit I might pop in for a drink as like I mentioned the setting is unlike anything else in Warrington but I won’t be rushing back for food.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Trelen
BotanistWarrington, Marketing at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Trelen,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some detailed feedback on your visit to us on Christmas Eve.
As a new business in Warrington we appreciate all feedback, and we will take your comments on board.
Thanks

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I am rather disappointed as having seen an advert for 15% discount when downloading the app and attending the restaurant I did both and received no discount. During my meal I asked about the scanning of my bar code to be told I need to leave it till later. Then Obviously it gets overlooked. So I get neither the points nor the discount. I think this was my first and last visit

2  Thank stephenmP7667XW

Hi Steve M,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We operated a 15% cashback loyalty on downloading the app. We can absolutely add the cashback on your app from your last visit. Please drop us an email on warringtonsales@thebotanist.uk.com with the date of visit, your loyalty app number. Thank you x