“Thoroughly enjoyable evening”

Ranked #17 of 435 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our food speaks for itself as we pride ourselves on the quality, taste and presentation of the food we serve, as mouth watering dishes, scrupulous attention to detail and personal service all fuse to bring about the perfect experience.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just returned home from a thoroughly enjoyable evening in this restaurant. No wonder it receives such excellent reviews and being 'tucked away' behind the park simply adds to the atmosphere for a 'special occasion or celebration'.
The staff were friendly and very helpful, the choice on the menu was mouth watering and when the meal arrived it certainly lived up to all we expected and more. Absolutely delicious.!!!
The ambiance of this restaurant was definitely enhanced by the 'live music' from the two talented musicians who maintained a balance of providing lively, entertaining background music without impinging on the discussion at the tables, throughout the whole evening.
I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone and will certainly be returning myself with more friends in the very near future.

3  Thank Customereview

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Ate at this restaurant on a Saturday evening recently. The setting of the restaurant is lovely (I can undersatnd its appeal as a wedding venue in warrington) and we enjoyed a nice drink in the bar before our meal.
The food, although limited in choice, was absolutely superb - I'd go to say it was as near to faultless as you can get and for that reason alone I would revist.
However, i felt it lacked a little in both service and atmosphere and that's why i rated it 4* rather than 5*. On atmosphere, the restaurant was no where near full which was a shame given it was Saturday (though I've lived in Warrington for over 7 years and this was my first visit - I'd just never heard about it until I looked on trip advisor) whilst the live music was so sporadic (for example, when we arrived the duo where sitting in the bar having a break, they went into the restaurant and played 2 songs before going on another break and then played their final songs to an empty restaurant - they came back on just as we where leaving) which was a shame.
Also the service was a little lacking, after food plates where delivered the waitress was not seen again until they needed removing, and therefore there was no one in the restaurant to top up wine or water or replace a drink unless you could time this perfectly for in between courses, which was a bit of a shame, but so easily changed.
That said, the positives outweighed the negatives for me, and therefore I would recommend it to others and believe it is one of the best finer dining establishments that Warrington has to offer.

3  Thank liltlechick
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I understand why this restaurant has such good reviews, I just don't understand why I havn't been before. Nice setting, very good service.
We had two courses, soup and goats cheese, both so good they must be bad for you. We filled this with the fillet steak ans rid eye steak, both cooked exactly as requested and tasted Devine.

Will be looking to book angain for our annevesery next month, this time to also sample the cocktails and three courses.

2  Thank tonyblack05
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The poor reviews of this place must be by people with no taste whatsoever. OK, maybe if you want a ton of food and a plate piled high with chips this isn't the place for you, but if you're after excellent ingredients cooked to a standard that is extremely rare outside of major cities, then make your way here. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and discrete, good bar with extensive cocktails (and they know how to make you something not on the list), a much more extensive wine list than when it first opened, and a good range of special events - the food & wine evenings with local wine merchant Corks Out are worth looking out for. But the real star quality, as should be the case, is provided by the chef.

1  Thank Travellermuso
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Poor quality of food not alot of choice and highly priced for a restaurant in a park. We likes the park but disliked the restaurant