“Relaxing break”

Village Hotel Warrington
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just got home from a long weekend to celebrate a 40th birthday, have been to lots of village hotels before and to warrington once so knew what to expect. Went here so we could go off to wales which is only an hour away. Had an upper deck room which we normally go for and would recommend at any village hotel (children not allowed). They have stopped doing the voucher books and there were no longer "pinchable" toiletries (which are still advertised on all the information sites regarding the room) but this was not a big loss as we always bring our own. They do now have pump action bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner instead which partner used and liked. Room was clean, bit of mould in corner of bath under the shower door joint but nothing major, quiet and relaxing (only noise we heard all night was fire door occasionally opened and left to bang but not enough to cause a problem), the room was at the end of a corridor so no neighbours one side. Air con worked well and was needed as the room got very warm without it. Bed, fantastic, so comfy even for an insomniac!
Victory pub chilled out, good food, good beer. It has the benefits of a terrace with TV and spent most evenings out there.
Breakfast - good English breakfast, tasty and hot, only niggle, it is very warm in the restaurant.
Pool - did not go as every time we walked past it was full of parents and children so put us off, only gripe for the weekend would be that there is not enough adult only time at weekends in the pool. 2 hours on a Sunday lunch when you have gone out for the day/gone for Sunday lunch or early morning or later evening (after 7pm). There did used to be more adult only time at weekends in the pools at village hotels but suppose it depends on revenue by gym membership.
Staff- helpful, friendly, always said hello and knowledgeable about the area.
Tip- if staying and like curries, go to the cottage, 5 mins away, fantastic food and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: If no children with you, book an upper deck - children not allowed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear 26Liz

Many thanks for your feedback.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Donn Timmons

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I loved this hotel, staff lovely and welcoming and had a great feel to the hotel as soon as you walked in, ideally situated to get to centre of warrington shops. If I had to criticise one thing it would be the dark decor of the rooms, our room was at the back so could not open blinds as other rooms could see in, the lighting was poor and TV volume not good but to be fair my mothers hearing is not brilliant . I would definitely visit again but maybe ask for a front room (so blinds could be lifted and no one see in) and there are notices asking if you wish to upgrade so would consider that too. I asked for a walk in shower , they phoned to apologise as they had not got one available but would keep one if one came available, sure enough when we arrived we got our wonderful power shower. I asked at reception for a shower mat and by the time I got into the lift back to my room the brand new mat was there for me, so service fantastic. They have a nice coffee shop in reception which is handy if you don't fancy a cooked breakfast but can certainly recommend the hotels breakfast. Outside are lots of tables and chairs to sit with a drink at any time, they have a gym that I did not use on this occasion and no parking fees which is fantastic and had plenty of spaces, look forward to staying again soon

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can or ask for room at the front
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valerie H,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We care about providing our guests with a great expereicne and great value for money and we are deligthed to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am a leisure member at this hotel. Most of leisure facilities are excellent. Best in warrington. However the shower area needs an upgrade. Tiles covered in drill holes. Mould between tiles. The pool furniture , loungers and tables are dilapitated. The large windows are streaked with an adhesive left when opaque sheets were removed months ago. There is mould between the chocolate coloured tiles surrounding the pool. The steam room is never cleaned properly and in places the tiles are slimey. The whole area needs brightening up. The chocolate coloured tiles were the wrong choice. The designer wants shooting. If I was paying £100 for a pamper day I would want better. Come on village management we deserve a long overdue upgrade. You are receiving at the very least £120000 per month in membership fees and some needs to be spent in the wet area to keep up with the other leisure centres in the town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MKLWarrington

Dear MKLWarrington

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

As you may have seen from our recent newsletter we are in the middle of planning substantial investment into the club.

This follows our commitment to offering our members the best experience and great value for money.

We are really excited about this investment and hope you love all of the changes.

Please do not hesitate to come and see me about the proposed changes.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I use the De Vere chain regularly for my business trips.
Whilst the Hotel was easy to get to I feel that the prices have gone up considerably.
The room I had was a bit tired although the bed was very comfortable.
My personal feeling it is no better than a Premier Inn and much more expensive.
I have gone off this chain considerably due to the value for money aspect.
Not a great choice for breakfast have had much better at a lot less cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear yvonne_sharp

Thank you for choosing the Village Urban Resort Warrington as your preferred hotel during your recent visit and thank you for your feedback

I am sorry that your experinece was not as we would have intended and I was unaware of any issues with your stay. I am keen to speak to you in relation to this and please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel at any stage.

V Best Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had booked this offer and to be honest nearly forgot about it.
After reading the reviews I nearly did not book and waste the money however I am glad I did not.
The room was ok , it was very dark and the sink did not empty but otherwise good.
I went for a swim and friendly staff , I wonder why village chain make guest get out of the jacuzzi when the bubbles go off though ? Virgin active have never done this ?
The meal was good and wine nice.
The drinks were expensive .
The breakfast the next day was excellent .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked this last min on a kgb deal. We upgraded to the upper deck for an extra £20 a night. . The room was nothing special and there was hardly anywhere to store clothes. Unfortunately they didn't tell us we would be directly above the smokers terrace. The shouting swearing and arguing went on til the early hours and we had to complain as it was impossible to sleep
we booked this hotel due to the pool and we weren't disappointed with the leisure facilities the staff were very helpful and leant a pound for the locker.
We would recommend the food in vinny and vitos for an evening meal.
If you are travelling with children ask for a room well away from the terrace.
Not bad but unlikely to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ensure you are well away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear pam m

V Best Regards

Reviewed June 1, 2014

After working all through the half term week we decided to take our daughter to Gullivers world before she returned to school. We had planned on another property for a night, which was cheaper and closer to the park. Im so glad we opted against it now!

We had a superb deal of 2 nights b&b (Fri &sat) around £130. This included the use of the pool/gym etc. Which we made the most of and enjoyed how clean and well maintained the surroundings were.

The big selling point for this property is the staff. Having read some of the other reviews i think they must be writing about a different hotel! The staff from the moment we arrived, to the moment we checked out were amazing. Especially the lovely lady who greeted us for breakfast every morning. It's been pointed out in some reviews that there is a delay to be seated some mornings. But she made up for this delay and not once did she show that she was rushed off her feet. A credit to the hotel! There were 3 different people on reception during our entire stay...all of whom could not do enough for us.

I have to say the rooms..although very nice and great felicities, hairdryer/iron etc (love the shower) It was a bit dusty, we could see so much dust when the blinds were opened and i think this could well be a concern for an asthmatic...However we did not complain about this, I'm sure if we had they would of moved us without question. Our room was cleaned and replenished during our stay.

Im still here now writing this review and the staff have even gone out of the way to speak to me..Even though we have checked out already.

For the price of £60 per night you can expect the service of a £200 a night hotel.

Thank you so much to all the staff and i'm sure we will be returning if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family