“Birthday treat”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just returned from a weekend break which we enjoyed. Food in the hotel was hot fresh and nicely presented. We arrived approx 1.30pm on sat 29th march our room was not ready but this was ok as we went in the bar and had a meal an couple od drinks . The room was clean with hot drinks facilities. Beds and towels were clean and changed daily. We had an evening meal in the restaurant this was a set menu with limited choice. The food was very good the service a little to be desired. We sat with dirty plates in front of us for at least half an hour before finally being offered a desert. It was my 50th birthday gift at no time did anyone wish me a happy birthday. My room window looked out on to the roof with no view apart from air conditioning units ect... I did enjoy my break but no thanks to the hotel for making it special a small gesture would have been nice

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Sue D

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us however disappointed that there were a few elements that were not to your satisfaction. The team and I work hard to ensure that we deliver great experiences all of the time and we will use your valuable feedback when making changes in the future.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Donn Timmons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Czech first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here two weeks ago in March 2014 for their 70s themed night. I was part of a group of 38 who were all there for a hen night and there were several other parties at the 70s night too. The hotel looks lovely and I was surprised at how smart the bedroom and bathroom were. When we arrived, we were given the wrong room card TWICE and the girl on reception was not helpful in the slightest, would not apologise for making two mistakes and was very frosty with us despite us being polite about it.
The 70s night itself was great- we had a lovely three course meal of soup starter, chicken breast and mash main and a creme brûlée dessert. The dessert wasn't very nice but that is just my opinion, others may have liked it. Everybody was dressed up in 70s fancy dress so it was great and there was a lively and fun atmosphere throughout.

Problems- someone stole £80 out of the hen's handbag and the police had to arrive.
- the breakfast was disgusting. What was even more disgusting was the downright snotty and unnecessary attitude of the girl who was working in the canteen the next morning. My friend and I walked in, waited for a second in case we were supposed to wait and be shown to a seat but it seemed pretty relaxed with no queues and no staff about. We just walked in, grabbed a plate and got our breakfast. We were just finishing it (struggling miserably) when the girl came over, a small, blonde girl, and said, "Erm you can't just walk in, what is your room number? Didn't it occur to you that like, you have to you know, queue? You can't just walk in like that!" I was shocked to the core, I have stayed in hotels across the world- some rough, some amazing, but I have never been spoken to like that in a place where I have paid for and was entitled to, the breakfast!

Hotel manager- HAVE A WORD. Would not return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Laur2herself

Many thanks for your feedback.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

visited this hotel for a 2 night break hotel very nice had slight problem with our room but the reception manageress got us coffee while it was sorted breakfast is brilliant loads choice I had poached eggs very nice staff in restaurant are very friendly will be going back soon

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear janet h

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We booked a KGB deal for one night for £79 including dinner. We ate in the bar area and had to wait for well over an hour and the staff kept coming to us and ask what we had ordered and we did not get our desserts without telling them again by this time the dessert I wanted had sold out. I ordered beef madras and when it came it was Inedible it had no sauce and the meat was burnt and dry. How the chef could of let this go to a customer I would not have given it to a dog. I did not eating anything I gave up and went to bed.
On the plus side the staff were polite and the rooms were ok

• Stayed March 2014

Travelers are raving about these Warrington hotels

Oxford
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I work away at Warrington a lot, and of all the hotels I stay in, this is always my first choice. This is not to say the hotel is fantastic, but more than adequate.
Second and third choices for me are the Park Royal and the Ramada Encore (now the Pentahotel).
It has great rooms, two choices for dinner (a restaurant and a "pub"), a gym and a pool.
My niggles is that the wi-fi is patchy, and their take on modern is low lighting, not great if you want to work in your room
But, good food, comfortable rooms, good staff and an ok location. Free "i" paper. Walking distance to Bank Quay station, and walking distance to the centre of town (which is not worth talking about).
Service not always brilliant, they seem to use inexperienced staff.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading to Upper Deck- not worth the difference
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank walshc
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed here on many occasions as we love the gym and fitness classes,spa treatments and the village hotels have great facilities & offers.The rooms are modern and very clean and comfortable.Make sure you book for fitness classes in advance.Have encountered problems at breakfast when it's so busy food is missing on the hot plates. Food at either the bar and restaurant have a great choice and good value.The bar can get very noisy if football is on the large screens.If you want to try elsewhere we recommend Tom At 101 Stockton Heath,trendy and live music and cocktails, delicious food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Runcorn
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I attended a wedding here and this was my first and will be my last visit. The wedding went really well but the food was the worst I have ever experienced. The roast potatoes had been boiled and shown the oven, the veg was very dry as if it had been prepared many hours left to dry out and then cooked for two mins the parsnips were that raw I couldn't cut them.
The coffee brought at the end of the meal was the weakest I have ever seen I don't like strong coffee but this was almost see through I asked if we could have a fresh pot for the table but the waiter never returned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends