“Paul and Julia”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Was ok beds comfy room very tired and bathroom very clean the FOOD not a lot of choose food 4 out of 10 coming on a national hoilday . The service was ok very helpful but the plates and bowels could do with a good scrub and I would put music at dinner time two

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Paul B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased that you found our level of service commendable. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize that our food selection and the condition of our room was a disappointment. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Warrington.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 28th June for one night really lovely hotel very clean, the gentlemen at the desk very polite and very helpful , food was really good. A few problems with the noise from the above bedroom however we called the reception and it was sorted straight away and we didn't hear anymore! Brilliant customer service!!

• Stayed: June 2014
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear L0ul0u154

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback on TripAdvisor.

We really appreciate receiving this and it wwill help to support the teams drive for continued guest service improvements

We look forwards to welcoming you back to the hotel at some poinmt in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Judging by the car park the hotel must be popular as it was completely full.

It was 21:00 so went straight into dinner and was offered the salad, pie buffet with pint of beer all for £14 or the dearer à la carte menu. I opted for the former but regretted it soon as I stepped up to help myself.

The salad choice was nothing more than brown-at-the-edge lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber and the broccoli and cauliflower vegetables for the main course had been out so long that they looked like they had been pan fried. The steak and ale pie was very good though.

Despite the à la carte menu still being on offer, chef had other ideas when the helpful and friendly waitress tried to get him to prepare some fresh vegetables. "Sorry sir there isn't any more vegetables".

The hotel is a pretty standard Holiday Inn setup so nothing special to report there.

I had a decent nights sleep. Room was acceptably clean, tidy and quiet.

Checking out they tried to charge me for the pint of beer even though it as included in the 'special' pie buffet deal.

All in all an average experience was let down by the food.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon B
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Simon B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and leave your feedback. I wouuld like to apologise for the poor standard of food that you were offered and experienced whislt at the hotel.

The buffet is supposed to be offered as an enhancement to the dining experience and clearly this was far from the case on this occassion. I have spoken with both the Head Chef and F&B Manager about your experience to ensure that this is not something which is repeated and they would like to be associated with this apology.

Thank you once agian for taking the time to feedback

Yours sincerley

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Good sized rooms with a large bed. But slightly noisey due to proximity to main road, Difficult to spot coming off the roundabout as the entrance is hidden by trees. I drove round for ages trying to find it.
Secure parking. Cheerful, staff that try hard, but very Holiday Inn-ish.
It's just the little economies they make that are irritating; only 2 long-life milks in your room for tea and coffee. Also having to pay £5 for an hour's internet connection.
In terms of value for money, it isn't fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Away_On_Business57

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor it is only with such feedback that we can make improvements to better the service which we are able to offer our guests.

We are currently working with our local authority to reduce the number of trees and hedges surrounding the hotel as the land is owned and managed by them and additionally we are looking to get Brown Directional signage installed on the main roundabout which we are just off following signs for Birchwood.

I am also delighted to be able to advise that FREE standard internet becomes available to all IHG Rewards Programme members from 1st July 2014 and if you are not a member then enrollment is free and takes less than 3 minutes giving access to over 4500 hotels worldwide.

We do look forward to being of service to you again in the fuuture and hope to be able to welcome you back

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nothing to indiciate where this hotel is when you come to the roundabout nearby - entrance is so near the roundabout and the signs are hidden by trees! Room fine, third floor, apart from the constant hum of something outside. Staff helpful and friendly, food okay, BUT was quite shocked at sharing a lift with a dog, and later watching three huge black hounds dragging its owner through the reception area. A little lad of about three stood frozen. Dogs, in rooms, no not appropraite.

Room Tip: as mentioned previously back rooms do have a slight noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank WelshLondoner

Dear WelshLondoner

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback here on TripAdvisor. We note your comments about visibility of the hotel from the roundabout and are working with the local authority who own this land to facilitate some improvements to lines of sight etc. but be rest assure we are still the first turning on the left.

It is good to note that you found us so handy for Manachester as indeed we are for Liverpool too. We are also looking at our Dog friendly policy to ensure that this does not deter other guests from staying at the hotel

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

So its been exactly one year since I officially stayed in this hotel and it feels amazing to be back and see some of the staff I used to see all over again.

First and foremost there was a mix up with the dates and times I should be here. But that didn't matter they sorted it out and checked me in 2 weeks early!!!! I also got to check in 2 and a half hours before mid day I was really impressed with that. As usual the hotel goes out of their way to make their guests as comfortable as they can possibly be. I have to make a special thanks to Josie for sorting my mess out, moving my bookings forward, my early check in and late checkouts. She did such an amazing job I couldn't have asked for anything more. I got complimentary 900 points I don't know what that means but hey lol. I had to go to another hotel as they didn't have space for me 1 of the nights but they left the rooms tab open so I could continue to come back to the hotel for dinner etc and charge it to my room. I thought that was so nice of them.

Furthermore I needed help with late checkouts, breakfasts and so on and I have to give special credits to Audra for sorting all my petty problems out. She went to some bizarre lengths to make sure everything was just perfect. From sorting the new room tabs out (remember it was never closed) to I'd be here all day listing all the small things she did, but I'd like to say a personal thank you for being the ONLY member of staff to have ever gone 2000 extra miles to make my stay better.

I would like to thank Anthony the manager for sorting my silly spat out with the hotel. He has been a great and is a really really nice guy. I have never met him but thank you.

The stay

It was a normal 5 star stay with 2 early check ins and 2 late checkouts. They didn't have to do either but they did. The beds were as always comfortable and the air con was a life saver :) I I had extra milks and teas house keeping made sure I was well stocked up.

My room had a total of 4 plug sockets but the internet is slow if you go for their free package. (for browsing) which is nice however I still brought my own. There was nothing I could fault everything was as I expect from this hotel. The rooms are still dated but who am I to comment on the way it looks it doesn't affect my stay.

Breakfast well I had 2 and they let me pay the £10.50 which was nice. Everyone seemed very smily and happy throughout what I can only describe as organized chaos. The staff did a fantastic job handling an enormous amount of people there were like 3 people for the whole restaurant. Pam - what an amazing women she was still making me hot chocs at almost 1am :)

The food was lovely new head chef - lovely guy - lovely food :) My dinner which was a gourmet burger with chips which I thought was exceptionally nice. I didn't eat any of the main meals this time around as I was on a tight budget.

The hotel was clean, tidy, as you would expect from a holiday in. Both my rooms were quiet even the one facing the motorway.

This is still my favorite hotel in my favorite area. I don't know why people complain so much about silly things they do their best even if sometimes they make a few mistakes. I've yet to have any real issues and of course I will be back.

Room Tip: Disabled room ground floor. Rooms with sofa's etc.. facing the car parks exit. Mobile phone cove...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
GMWarrington1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear elixier22

It is a pleasure to be able to have you back with us after such a long time and thank you for taking the time to leave your valued and constructive feedback

I have shared this with the whole team; who as ever welcome this type of encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and I personally look forward to meeting you on your next visit

Reviewed June 14, 2014

.We stayed here whilst on a trip with Newmarket Holidays to Coronation Street. The Hotel was comfortable and clean. The food was OK but the room was noisy with some kind of electrical hum from outside all night. Our room was at the back of the hotel so it might be advisable to ask for a room in the front.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel might be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gangdad

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by the noise from our fridges and we are looking at how this can be reduced.

I hope that you enjoyed your time at 'Coronation Street Tour' and that we may be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.