“Lovely staff - very tired hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Warrington

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Mainz
“Lovely staff - very tired hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not much to write about this one really. This is a very run down Holiday Inn that makes the local budget hotel competition look good. Though staff are great, very helpful and very friendly they cannot compensate the old beds, bathrooms and very dirty carpets. I did not feel comfortable sleeping in this room.

Please also be warned that some of the rooms on the ground floor have fold down beds that are very uncomfortable, my colleague had one of these and was not a happy chappy in the morning :-)

Food in the restaurant was very dissapointing, deep fried salmon, dry bread, desserts we could not bring ourselves to eat - unfortunately there are no other restaurants nearby.

Parking was free , Wifi was quite expensive and very very slow - do not stay here if you rely on a decent internet connection.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms - you may end up with fold down beds :_)
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear alexandert,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.

I am keen to resolve the points that you have raised. Please could you email me paul.ellison@ihg.com with your booking details and the rooms you stayed in please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

me and my partner stayed at this hotel when we was on a weekend holiday with national holidays and were really pleased with how friendly the staff were with us and how clean the overall hotel was. It was holiday package we went on so cannot comment on the price but the bar was cheap on the evening and the food was amazing. Would recommenced Holiday inn hotels to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and very clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kateben2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience whilst staying with us.

I was very pleased to read that you had a great stay, in particular your mention of our friendly hotel and clean facilities.

Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

paisley-scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

If it wasn't for the very helpful and pleasant staff this would not be one I would rate as good as I have. The rooms are as you would expect although room 115(makeover required) was next to the lift which meant not much sleep on the first night. Room 131 however was a quiet room with a good nights sleep had for the next two nights. The food was average with large portions but the bar was pricey. All staff that I came in contact with were excellent ambassadors for the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 131 was at the end of the corridor and quiet.
Dear enjoyinglife49,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased that you found our team pleasant and helpful. However please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your entire stay. I will share your feedback with the management team to help us make improvements.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed here before and on this occasion stayed with a group so we were able to compare experiences
The hotel is just off the M6, not far from the M62 so is in a good location if you are travelling by car, and far enough back from the motorway that noise is not an issue
There is a bus service into Warrington but you are a bit stranded if you don't have a car and there are limited eating opportunities nearby
The hotel is popular with families at weekends so I asked for a room on the top floor, as noise insulation never compensates adequately for lots of little feet running up and down the corridors early in the morning and into the evening. I was given the room I wanted and this seemed to be a good idea as there were a lot of kids in on this occasion
Check in was efficient and as a Priority Club member I was offered free points or drinks and I chose the latter
The room had been made up without asking with the sofa bed prepared for my son who was sharing the room with me
The room was flawlessly clean and up to usual Holiday Inn standards with a good large TV
We went down to the bar and claimed my 'free' drink but was told they had been instructed the only beer eligible was Becks Vier which was not my choice as its low strength. However it was free so I decided not to make a scene
The first night I did not sleep well due to a lot of doors being banged until the early hours. At 2.30am I found the air con was also making a bumping sound every 3 mins as if a valve was opening and closing. When I switched it off the noise disappeared and I left it off for the remainder of the stay
The following monring my son opted to have the full cooked breakfast, I dont eat much breakfast and the waitress kindly me a coffee anyway - a nice thoughtful touch. The range of food was fairly basic but adequate. I noticed if you are a non-resident (or claim to be!) you can get it cheaper which is odd
The second night we returned and the room had all been re-made - excellent housekeeping thank you. However the toiletries and tea/coffee had not been replaced but the two of us managed with one bottle of shower gell and one bar of soap for the entire stay!
Cashed in second free drinks voucher and this time got a small bottle (ie large glass) of wine which more than made up for disappointment with the Becks the night before
Having switched the AirCon off I got a really excellent night's sleep. When we checked out I was glad to see we were not near the 'staff smoking area' or 'aircon generator area' which could be a nuisance
Again the following morning my son had a cooked breakfast which he said was just what he wanted
We had a perfect checkout from a jolly receptionist
Parking is plentiful and free
We ate out one night at a Fayre & Square family pub within walking distance which I have reviewed separately, but the HI does have a restaurant and room service
Overall, at the rate I paid I would rate this 10/10 except for the sleep problems the first night
I would stay here again

Room Tip: keep away from service / staff smoking area and generators (all at the back)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mark-Southside,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Please accept my apologies that you did not have a great nights sleep on your first night. However I was pleased that you and your son enjoyed the remainder of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Cumbria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Hotel is clean and well presented. Staff are very helpful. Only limited menu for dinner but food was okmif a bit overpriced. One tip don't stay in Room 315 as it is next to the lit motor room and is quite noisy until late.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 315 next to lift motor room
2 Thank ChrisCumbria48
Dear ChrisCumbria48,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your evening meal, please be assured that I will share your feedback with the food and Beverage team. We are currently launching a range of regional specials to increase the variety at dinner.

I am pleased that you found the hotel clean, well presented and the team to be welcoming.

Coleford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

All of the staff, from reception to the bar and the waiting staff in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast are outstanding.
So helpful and cheery - nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, and it didn't seem forced, it came across as very natural. They all appeared to enjoy their work and interactions with all the guests.
Greeting many guests by their names and being genuinely friendly.

The room I had on 3rd floor was very spacious for a standard room, and had a window that opened which is so rare these days, but the noise from the motorway could disturb a light sleeper if open all night.

So why the low mark....?

Food was average at best, I was there for a "Curry Buffet" which was fairly tasteless, and the breakfast was at the basic end of offerings for a hotel.

Finally, £16 for a days internet access is just not acceptable at all.

1 Thank SimonJ68_UK
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear SimonJ68_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased that you found our team friendly and your bedroom spacious.

Please accept my apologies for your experience in food and beverage. Please be assured I will pass your feedback onto our Head Chef and food and beverage team.

We offer Wifi complimentary to our IHG Rewards Elite members and for all other IHG Rewards members from 2014. It is well worth joining this free loyalty scheme if you are not a member already.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff of tis hotel if very friendly and they go a step out of their way to try and help. All i need to point out is that they maybe could be more flexible with the check out times since there are many flights that depart late afternoon and so people travelling with families would need the room till last minute.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear JMejlaq,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you found our team friendly. Our checkout times are flexible depending on how many guests we have staying with us on the following day. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Warrington in the near future.