“3 star hotel 5 star service - Everytime”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Warrington

Here again 16th June 2013,

This hotel goes from strengh to strengh. They are regenerating their tired old looking rooms and we now have tables with chairs where we can all sit and get on with work. We had a brand new bathroom in our room complete with a brand new shower and funishings. Extra lighting by the middoes and TV's was a nice adiddion and the beds have clearly also been replaced they are even more comfortable than ever, The hotel is still spick and span no need clean and considering how busy this hotel is it works VERY well.

Special thank you to Anu for sorting my drinks and breakfasts out, for serving me out of hours which meant opening everything up which is a pain at the best of times. Beverly at reception, Sean among others who put up with me all night when I needed and wanted stuff.

Bev is house keeping special thank you for bringing my extra teas milks and lord knows what esle to me at silly times of the nght and not charging me. Thank you for taking the time your service is much more appreciated than you might think.

Carol thank you as always for pampering me during breakfast. Thank you for everything I should have put you up on here years ago. Years of amazing service and I never got to tell anyone about it. Now I'm telling the world. Thank you. Pam your included in that as well.

The service here is second to none. Its still my favourite hotel its still the place I'll spend my weekends even though its business orientated. The odd small mistake is inebitable but there is no such thing as perfection. The staff here take pride in what they do and they do a fantastic job.

5 starts to the new "done up" rooms they are doing it bit by bit I believe.

The only thing I can critise as always - is the price of internet :( But its out of their control.

I highly recommend you stay here. Its not really a hotel for kids its sorta in the middle of no where but if your staying alone, on business, or want a quiet trip away andf you want a fastt efficient service come here.

Room Tip: Stay further towards reception less noisy. EE coverage (orange, t mobile, 4gee) works best of this s...
1  Thank Jamie P
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear elixier22,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.

I was delighted to read you had a great stay. I was particularly pleased to read your comments about Anu, Beverley and Carol. I will ensure I share your feedback with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Warrington

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed here before and also submitted a review on my last visit. This report is the combination of two recent visits. You can't fault the service here. Food is OK, nothing exciting and some barely interesting. The rooms are either good or bad. That is if you get one of the refurbished rooms, they are good and are found on the 2nd floor. If you get one of the unfurnished rooms, they are looking distinctly tired. The sink in the bathroom of one of the rooms I stayed in rather says it all - see the picture.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have been refurbished
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear WhyShouldIStayHere,

I was disappointed to read that you felt the hotel facilities are tired. Please accept my sincere apologies that you felt unsatisfied with your stay. I will address these comments with the housekeeping and Maintenance team. However I did note your comments about the service being faultless, I will pass this feedback onto the hotel team.

Holiday Inn Warrington

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked two adjoining rooms (1 x disabled and 1 x normal double) for a one night stay in June 2013.
Overall the Hotel was very good. However, the small things let them down.
1. To exit the hotel parking area you must enter a code to raise a parking barrier. This is usually given to you upon arrival at reception. This was my first visit and didn't know about it, and the receptionist forgot to tell me about it, so I had a bit of a delay when first exiting.
2. There was no kettle in our room. This was soon rectified.
3. The aroma from the restaurant at breakfast was very strong.
4. The profile of the sink in the disabled room was so low that you had to hold the kettle at near horizontal angle to get any water into it! Instead you had to bend low over the bath to put water into kettle. Sink taps with a higher spout would have helped.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear 934JOHNA,

I was sorry to read you had not enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced.

I was disappointed to read about your experience at dinner in the Hotel. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, please contact me 08719429087 or by email paul.ellison@ihg.com with your contact details.

Please accept my sincere apologies once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here with my three friends and our nine year old daughters for one night on a trip with National Holidays. We found the rooms to be lovely and clean and the beds very comfy. The evening meal was nice and the breakfast was very good. The staff are friendly and very hard working and the hotel manager is lovely.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay,the only negative I can think of is that we didn't find the coffee and tea making facilities until we were due to leave our room the next day as they where placed in a draw .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Hulljayne,

I was delighted to read you had a great stay. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, booked this location based on price. As Priority Platinum members we were offered a complimentary welcome drink which was a nice touch, especially on a warm and humid day.
Room itself was okay, nothing special but was adequate and we got a fairly decent nights sleep.
We were out early both mornings, so didn't have breakfast, although at the prices quoted it would have to be a damn good start to the day. We didn't eat here for evening meals, so again can't comment on quality of the food.

It would be a good idea to either display the exit barrier code or inform guests they need to request this, but sadly this wasn't mentioned as we checked in.

Didn't have problem with parking, there were plenty spaces both nights.

Would we stay here again ? Possibly - the free wi-fi for Priority Platinum members would help persuade us maybe, but not at full price as there are other chains close enough by too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear oggy-yorkshire,

I am disappointed to read that you were not offered the barrier code, I will share this feedback with the Front Office team.

We will be providing Wifi complimentary to our Priority Club Elite members from 1st July 2013 and for all other Priority Club members from 2014.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed for one night, following a concert in Manchester, organised by National Holidays, The room was perfect for one night!. The evening meal, was terrible, the chicken wings were uncooked, and the pork, tough and very dry, The broccoli( the only vegetable did not taste like it should), The fish was swimming in fat! But the large chips were good! On complaining to the manager, about the chicken wings and tough pork, she just took the plate away with no comment! Another waitress asked if all was OK with the meal, who tried to make recompense, and offered a glass of wine. Which was not chilled and undrinkable( as it was complementary she was told to give us that(over heard by another guest). We were offered another drink on our return that evening!
The breakfast was very good, as if in a different restaurant! Shame a conversation between members of staff one being the senior was over heard about another guest in the restaurant! Or it would have been perfect!
Check in and out was quick and efficient.
The wi fi. was very expensive.

Room Tip: If staying more than one night, ask for a front/side hotel room,or you will be overlooking cans and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear maynespain_12,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed for one night and was very impressed.
I booked through last minute and got a reduced rate and I am so glad I chose this hotel.
There is secure parking with security barriers in place, ample amount of parking spaces to.
The hotel is very clean and tidy with well maintained grounds.
Reception area is really clean and very welcoming to guests!
The room was brilliant, very clean, comfy bed, nice bathroom and a nice HD tv.
The staff here really did it for me though, from the minute I walked into reception till I left the service was superb.
Special mention to Pam who works in the restaurant, absolutely fantastic customer service, polite, friendly and very helpful. This I'm sure will be echoed by other guests staying here!
Will definitely stay here again if I need to.
Oh and it's 2 minutes from the M6, but you wouldn't know it as you can't hear it!
Top nights stay thank you!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Simon H,

I was delighted to read you had a great stay. I was particularly pleased to read your comments about Pam and the hotel team. I will ensure I share your feedback with them.